Happy 4th, fellow Yanqui Peegdogs. Suck on it, Brits.

Started by CountDeMoney, July 04, 2011, 09:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

And the Canadians hijack another thread. What a vile breed.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

I'll be sure to punch one of you Canuck fuckers when you flock down I-75 this winter.

sbr

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 04, 2011, 12:56:59 PM

Hardly, just one silly fool that is posting. He can't hope to compare with America!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 04, 2011, 12:59:55 PM
I'll be sure to punch one of you Canuck fuckers when you flock down I-75 this winter.

You don't want us spending our valuable loonies in your country?  :(

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on July 04, 2011, 01:15:55 PM

Considering the canuck assholes that flow down ever year, no.

Admiral Yi

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 04, 2011, 01:23:22 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 04, 2011, 01:15:55 PM

Considering the canuck assholes that flow down ever year, no.

Well you know what they say - when in Rome...

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on July 04, 2011, 12:55:30 PM
Nice line, but not true. :contract:
Argument by assertion, and not even a logical argument by assertion.  :contract:

QuoteThe preamble to the PRC Constitution:

(snip)
Red herring.  The preambles to national constitutions do not tell us what nations are "dedicated to," as even you contended earlier when you claimed that the US "might be dedicated to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."  The phrase " life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" does not occur in the preamble to the US Constitution. :contract:

QuoteI much prefer the much more modest Canadian constitution (and prefer even more the unwritten British one - how much more modest can you get than not having a constitution to begin with).
I prefer constitutional governments, myself.  So do the Brits.  The assertion that they are in a condition of "not having a constitution to begin with" is factually incorrect.  It is true that their constitution is unwritten and can be amended at will by Parliament, but they have a constitution.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Quote from: garbon on July 04, 2011, 01:11:05 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 04, 2011, 12:56:59 PM

Hardly, just one silly fool that is posting. He can't hope to compare with America!
True.... america has several more fools :P

Happy fireworks day americans :)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on July 04, 2011, 02:32:21 PM
QuoteI much prefer the much more modest Canadian constitution (and prefer even more the unwritten British one - how much more modest can you get than not having a constitution to begin with).
I prefer constitutional governments, myself.  So do the Brits.  The assertion that they are in a condition of "not having a constitution to begin with" is factually incorrect.  It is true that their constitution is unwritten and can be amended at will by Parliament, but they have a constitution.

You are of course correct that I mis-spoke.  I first correctly identified the British constitution as being unwritten, but it is inaccurate to say (as I did) that they do not have a constitution.  They do - it is merely unwritten. -_-  Mea culpa.

Quote from: grumbler on July 04, 2011, 02:32:21 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 04, 2011, 12:55:30 PM
Nice line, but not true. :contract:
Argument by assertion, and not even a logical argument by assertion.  :contract:

QuoteThe preamble to the PRC Constitution:

(snip)
Red herring.  The preambles to national constitutions do not tell us what nations are "dedicated to," as even you contended earlier when you claimed that the US "might be dedicated to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."  The phrase " life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" does not occur in the preamble to the US Constitution. :contract:

:blink:

You made one good point, but not two.  The words "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" appears in the Declaration of Independence - which was the document quoted by the original poster.

A preamble to a constitution is a pretty good guide to the motives and desires of that state (or at least it's government).  Since Canada at least does not have an equivalent to the Declaration of Independence it is a good comparison.