Quote from: Slargos on June 29, 2011, 01:00:21 AM
Edenton, North Carolina
Atlantic Beach, NC
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Ormond Beach, Florida
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Paris, Tennessee

And so the list goes on. I can sense a recurring pattern here.  :D

Myrtle Beach is actually something I would certainly consider. Can't recall having been through Edenton so there I really couldn't say.  :hmm:
Myrtle Beach is the northern enclave of the Redneck Riviera. :cool:  It's the closest beach to here, so lots of Kentuckians go there for vacation.  I've never been there myself but I heard it's very overcrowded and full of 'family fun' stuff.  Atlantic Beach, which is pretty close to it, is supposed to be better from what I hear.  Also on your list, Princesca has relatives down in New Smyrna Beach and her grandfather used to go fishing down there all the time.  For some reason there are lots of shark attacks there. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on June 29, 2011, 05:20:16 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 29, 2011, 05:17:01 AM
I know exactly where I would want to be and more importantly, not where I want to be.  And I don't need a fucking website to do it.
*shrug* I just thought it was a neat concept when I first found it, back when we first started talking about leaving Mass.

I wanna go live somewhere in Montana or Wyoming, and where I would need a horse.  :(

Either that, or a raincoat in the Northwest.  Dreary, wet, cloudy, moody, lots of coffee.  Just like me.

Caliga

A lot of people here have horses.  I guess I have the space for one, but Princesca has been bugging the shit out of me to get chickens. :yuk:

Slargos

Quote from: Caliga on June 29, 2011, 05:22:42 AM
Quote from: Slargos on June 29, 2011, 01:00:21 AM
Edenton, North Carolina
Atlantic Beach, NC
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Ormond Beach, Florida
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Paris, Tennessee

And so the list goes on. I can sense a recurring pattern here.  :D

Myrtle Beach is actually something I would certainly consider. Can't recall having been through Edenton so there I really couldn't say.  :hmm:
Myrtle Beach is the northern enclave of the Redneck Riviera. :cool:  It's the closest beach to here, so lots of Kentuckians go there for vacation.  I've never been there myself but I heard it's very overcrowded and full of 'family fun' stuff.  Atlantic Beach, which is pretty close to it, is supposed to be better from what I hear.  Also on your list, Princesca has relatives down in New Smyrna Beach and her grandfather used to go fishing down there all the time.  For some reason there are lots of shark attacks there. :hmm:

:D

Strike that, then.

When I was in Myrtle Beach it was more or less deserted. Must've been somewhen in what... June? I can't remember. It's been almost a decade.  :hmm:

Caliga

:blink:

Myrtle Beach was deserted.... in June?  Does not compute. :hmm:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on June 29, 2011, 05:25:59 AM
A lot of people here have horses.  I guess I have the space for one, but Princesca has been bugging the shit out of me to get chickens. :yuk:

That's hilarious--my sister, who's working on the whole green self-sufficiency thing with her acreage the last two years, just got a dozen chickens this spring; bought a coop and everything.

Just got to figure out how to build an outdoor run with proper cover before the neighborhood hawks feel they just won the lunch Lotto.

Caliga

Yeah, see... not only do we have hawks and vultures here, but our county has a feral cat 'problem' and, as if that isn't bad enough, freaking coyotes.

OTOH if we got chickens I'd have an excuse to practice on live targets with my rifle. :hmm:

Slargos

Quote from: Caliga on June 29, 2011, 05:30:37 AM
:blink:

Myrtle Beach was deserted.... in June?  Does not compute. :hmm:

Week before Hurricane Frankie. Orlando was VERY quiet.

Eddie Teach

Tulsa, OK
Clarksville, TN
Hampton, VA
Jackson, MS
Abilene, TX
Hattiesburg, MS
Rocky Mount, NC
Norfolk, VA
El Paso, TX
Brownsville, TX
Athens, GA (Go Dawgs!)
And the list goes on...

I put Pacific region among my favored regions but I guess request for cheap housing ruled them out completely. /shrug
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on June 29, 2011, 05:38:21 AM
Yeah, see... not only do we have hawks and vultures here, but our county has a feral cat 'problem' and, as if that isn't bad enough, freaking coyotes.

OTOH if we got chickens I'd have an excuse to practice on live targets with my rifle. :hmm:

My nephew is a serious farm boy - even though his father (my brother in law) only raises cattle, my nephew insisted they get some chickens.

But it sounds like they are a hell of a lot of work...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Little Rock, Arkansas   
Portland, Oregon
Baltimore, Maryland
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Eugene, Oregon
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Salem, Oregon 
Corvallis, Oregon   
Providence, Rhode Island
Hartford, Connecticut
New Haven, Connecticut
Shreveport-Bossier City,
Washington, District of Columbia
Knoxville, Tennessee
Honolulu, Hawaii
Alexandria, Louisiana
San Francisco, California
Monroe, Louisiana
Santa Cruz, California
Norfolk, Virginia
Worcester, Massachusetts
Frederick, Maryland

It seems I should be living in Oregon.  But then Berkut would hate me for supporting a thug school.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on June 28, 2011, 06:55:25 PM
So I say I hate heat and they put me in the freaking desert. :rolleyes:

Albuquerque is in the mountains so it is pretty cold.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on June 29, 2011, 05:38:21 AM

YOU MONSTER!  A bullet ruins the chicken :angry:

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on June 28, 2011, 11:45:41 PM
I got Orlando as my first pick, then Augusta, Georgia, which I've never heard of.

Augusta, Georgia is the sacred capital of American golf...do you play golf?

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on June 28, 2011, 10:49:16 PM
Hmm...

Just move to Oregon with Max.  We can be neighbors.