News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

We've always been at war with Eurasia

Started by Slargos, June 28, 2011, 03:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

This is getting ridiculous.

Today I read a story in the [Swedish Radio, state owned news outlet] of a poor Eritrean subjected to a terrible injustice. He is being deported back to Eritrea, and being that he is a draft dodger he risks being tortured by the Eritrean government. He was sentenced to three years in prison "for a crime" [sic] in 2006, with the addition of deportation after serving out the sentence. This was of course unacceptable, since we cannot treat this poor man so inhumanely. Amnesty got involved, as did several politicians. The Swedish ambassador to Eritrea spoke out on the case and stated that there would be no problem deporting him since the risk of torture was vastly exaggerated and merely used as an excuse for asylum.

Naturally, the ambassador is a horrible racist and a terrible human being, yada yada.

The batik witches won the day and the deportation order was rescinded.

Score one for the bleeding heart multiculturalists.

Now here's the kicker, and you won't actually find this part in the news story.

The crime he was imprisoned for was rape. One savage enough to get more than just a slap on the wrist. A few months after he was released from prison he celebrated by gracing another woman with some surprise-sex, and is now hiding from the police, location unknown.

Thank god we didn't deport him.

It would've been a serious violation of his human rights.

[/s]

HVC

three years and a deportation order for "savage" (not sure what that means in this context) rape? i thought sweden was a feminist haven.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: Slargos on June 28, 2011, 03:48:36 PM
Naturally, the ambassador is a horrible racist and a terrible human being, yada yada.

Wait claiming an African country does not systematically torture is racist?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Slargos

Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 03:51:35 PM
three years and a deportation order for "savage" (not sure what that means in this context) rape? i thought sweden was a feminist haven.

http://www.thelocal.se/19102/20090427/  :hmm:

Slargos

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2011, 03:52:18 PM
Quote from: Slargos on June 28, 2011, 03:48:36 PM

Wait claiming an African country does not systematically torture is racist?

That is the level of public discourse in Sweden.

1. Making such outrageous claims is something you'd do if you want this guy deported.
2. Wanting a poor black man deported means you are a racist.
3. Rince. Repeat.

HVC

rape league? where do i join

:sadblsuh:. But really, that sucks. haven't read the article yet, but is it because more cases are reported, or just more women are raped?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

katmai

Who would think Slargos is against rape? I mean it is the  only way he gets any.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

What would be a penalty faced by an ethnic Swede? Would he face a higher penalty or about the same for the same crime? If it is the latter, I cannot see how having this guy serve the time AND then be deported on top of that be just.  :huh:

HVC

article says that more rapes being reporting wouldn't really change the numbers, but that rapes are reported differently in sweden. wonder what the numbers would look like if they matched how rapes are reported in other countries.

Slargos

Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 03:54:08 PM
rape league? where do i join

:sadblsuh:. But really, that sucks. haven't read the article yet, but is it because more cases are reported, or just more women are raped?

I really can't say.

The official line is of course that "willingness to report crime" has risen, but that's the excuse for all rising statistics when it comes to violent crime, when in truth if you ask people they are less likely to report crimes today than they used to be since there is a wide spread belief (and rightly so, the statistics speak for themselves; clearance rates are abysmal) that the police can't really do anything anyway.

Last time my car was broken into the officer responding to my call laughed at me and asked whether I wanted to come down to the station to fill out a form "for the insurance company".

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 03:58:12 PM
article says that more rapes being reporting wouldn't really change the numbers, but that rapes are reported differently in sweden. wonder what the numbers would look like if they matched how rapes are reported in other countries.

Considering Sweden charged Assange with "rape" because he took off his condom during the intercourse, I'm a little wary of the Swedish definition of "rape".

HVC

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 03:57:10 PM
What would be a penalty faced by an ethnic Swede? Would he face a higher penalty or about the same for the same crime? If it is the latter, I cannot see how having this guy serve the time AND then be deported on top of that be just.  :huh:
i think deportation of crimnals (obviously not citizens) is very just. you're not in a country by right, but be that's countries pleasure. you show that you can't be a good potential citizen (rapists rarely are), then countries should have the right and duty to kick your ass out.

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 03:59:56 PM
i think deportation of crimnals (obviously not citizens) is very just. you're not in a country by right, but be that's countries pleasure. you show that you can't be a good potential citizen (rapists rarely are), then countries should have the right and duty to kick your ass out.

I disagree. If you are in a country legally, then I don't agree that you should be treated as a second class person.

HVC

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2011, 03:59:49 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 03:58:12 PM

Considering Sweden charged Assange with "rape" because he took off his condom during the intercourse, I'm a little wary of the Swedish definition of "rape".
you're Assange loves clouds your judgement :D. although, ya, it shouldn't have been rape. Fraud and assault or something (or is is battery. i forget which one is the actual physical thing. Battery or assault?)

Slargos

In theory, all sentences of a certain level (minimum of 2 years, IIRC) carries with them deportation but AFAIK it's only used very sparingly (to the tone of 2-3% of the cases where it would be applicable) so even without knowing the details of the incident in question, it's safe to say it wasn't pretty.