And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Slargos on July 13, 2011, 10:21:14 AM
Played: 1491 (49% victories)
Survived: 360 (I didn't realize my survival rate was that low  :lol: )
Destroyed: 1204

My favourite tank so far is the JagdPanther in which my stats are Games/Victories/Destroyed 155/94/206.

More importantly though my average damage output is 1167 per game in the JagdPanther.
My best statistical performance typically comes with arty.  I only have kill/games ratio above 1 for three tanks:  Sturmpanzer II, Grille, and surprisingly T14 (which I despised and eventually sold).

katmai

Total Battles:8
Win/loss: 6/2
Kills: 2
Deaths: 5

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Not that I would be playing when I should be working, but I am racking up a lot of creds going between my StugIII and KV today...I am glad I listened when someone told me not to sell my KV when I got the KV-3.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

I still have my KV, but only because I want to get a free KV-2 and a set of crews.  It's been stripped down, and its crew was retrained.  I guess I'll have to go hard on the KV-1S to milk the Prokhorovka promotion.

DGuller

I have now researched the 88 gun on my 3601, and the funny thing is that I still prefer the conical pin-pricker.  My combat effectiveness just seems to be higher with the conical gun even when compared to the 88.  I manage to kill more, and damage much more, with it. 

Maybe it's psychological;  I know that close encounter with the enemy is certain death with the conical gun, so I take extra precautions to stay away from the enemy, which is something that is beneficial in general.

Berkut

What goes into the ROF calculation? My M10 is using the M1A2 76mm gun which has a ROF of 22, but if you look at the tanks stats, it says only 16.something.

0 rows returned

DGuller

Which tanks stats?  The ones I'm thinking of are true for the stock configuration.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on July 13, 2011, 10:11:37 PM
Which tanks stats?  The ones I'm thinking of are true for the stock configuration.

No, when you right click on a tank in your garage (or on the research screen) those stats are for your tank as it is configured.

0 rows returned

katmai

Total Battles:17
Win/loss: 12/5
Kills: 10
Deaths: 10

katmai

I feel like getting better, entered battle by accident in the light German tank only to get 3 kills :lol:

Slargos

Looks like you're getting the hang of it pretty quickly. I had nowhere near those stats when I started.

katmai

Well way too many of these people just bum rush the opponents flag, so i'm able to sit back there and just shoot away.

Threviel

Games Played:    223
Victories:    99 (44%)
Defeats:    119 (53%)
Battles Survived:    51 (23%)

Damn I suck.

Stonewall

Games: 153
Victories: 64
Defeats: 87
Survived: 59
Destroyed: 99

Even though my stats suck, the game is fun, although it's starting to get frustrating not being able to get any xp from the Pz III Ausf A, because I am constantly in battles with 5 Tier 4 and 5 vehicles.
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Berkut

99 kills in 153 games is not bad at all. And yeah, there are some "levels" that are a pain in the ass to level through because of the way the matchmaker works sometimes.

However, the PzIII has some very fun characteristics. It is fast, fast, fast. Use that. Don't try to sit back and snipe with it - you will just die. Stay behind hills, move up to the enemy, and pounce on them at short range. Use the auto-aim function "E" to keep your gun pointed at your target while you race around it in a circle pumping shells into it at short range. You will hit fine with the auto-aimer at short range, and your target will have a hard time getting his gun on you.

This won't always work of course, but it is great fun to plink away at a SU-100 that is vainly try to get a shot off at you.

A great move is to come out of cover under speed on the flank of your target, nail them several times while you run behind them, then shoot back off into cover before they even get a shot off.

0 rows returned