News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Ide School of Advertisement

Started by jimmy olsen, May 18, 2011, 10:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=blow%20job

Quoteblow job Look up blow job at Dictionary.com
    also blowjob, 1961, from blow + job. Exactly which blow is meant is the subject of some debate; the word might have begun as a euphemism for suck (thus from blow (1)), or it might refer to the explosive climax of an orgasm (thus blow (2)). Unlike much sex slang, its date of origin probably is pretty close to the date it first is attested in print: as recently as the early 1950s, military pilots could innocently talk of their jet planes as blow jobs according to the "Thesaurus of American Slang." Cf. blow (v.1).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

About 5 for 25¢? What, sometimes you only got 4½ cigs?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on May 18, 2011, 10:26:05 AM
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=blow%20job

Quoteblow job Look up blow job at Dictionary.com
    also blowjob, 1961, from blow + job. Exactly which blow is meant is the subject of some debate; the word might have begun as a euphemism for suck (thus from blow (1)), or it might refer to the explosive climax of an orgasm (thus blow (2)). Unlike much sex slang, its date of origin probably is pretty close to the date it first is attested in print: as recently as the early 1950s, military pilots could innocently talk of their jet planes as blow jobs according to the "Thesaurus of American Slang." Cf. blow (v.1).

You know, I'd never thought of it that way.  That makes so much more sense. :)

In any event, something as pure and honest as a facial shouldn't be so crassly commercialized, even as a joke.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Looks like Malthus has already seen it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on May 18, 2011, 11:06:37 AM
Looks like Malthus has already seen it.

Yep. Or rather, a collection like it.  :D

Though another old favorite vintage ad has nothing to do with sexism - I do love that "Is your bathroom breeding bolsheviks?" paper-towel ad.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Quote from: Ideologue on May 18, 2011, 10:46:31 AM

In any event, something as pure and honest as a facial shouldn't be so crassly commercialized, even as a joke.
i had heard it was a corruption of "below job", ie job below the belt.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ideologue

Quote from: HVC on May 18, 2011, 11:21:08 AM

May be true.  If the description relies on the presence of ejaculation, just about every thing is a "blowjob."

It should probably be called a "facejob."  I mean, handjob, titjob, footjob, and... blowjob.  It doesn't fit.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HVC

Quote from: Ideologue on May 18, 2011, 01:50:19 PM
Quote from: HVC on May 18, 2011, 11:21:08 AM

May be true.  If the description relies on the presence of ejaculation, just about every thing is a "blowjob."

It should probably be called a "facejob."  I mean, handjob, titjob, footjob, and... blowjob.  It doesn't fit.
well to give a blowjob one must physically be below the belt, most other acts don't require that (unless you consider doggy style below the belt lol)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.