How do you insult Nook salespipple at Barnes & Nobles?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 09, 2011, 07:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

It really irks me they've set up those Nazi Nook kiosks at the entrance, ready to jump on Luddites to convert the unwitting to their little electronic books, like hymnals for their new church of the artificial.

I need fresh insults and rejections.  I've already told them I prefer the old Soviet method of paper and ink, but I can use that gag only so often.  Gimme ammo. "Fuck off" is unacceptable.

MadBurgerMaker

CountDeMoney

MadBurgerMaker

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

merithyn

I think you're all failing to see the reason for his wrath. He finds all electronic "books" offensive by their very nature. Ergo, saying something like, "I already have a Kindle, thanks!" doesn't convey the emotion he's feeling.

Rather, he should say something like, "I prefer the draconian method of communication that requires the touch, feel, and smell of animal skin doused in walnut juice. Come back to me when that thing has it." Or "Vellum, mother fucker! Can you say it?"
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

BuddhaRhubarb

just ignore them and go buy the paper book you want.
:p

HVC

Tell them you've got splinters in your dick from fucking trees this morning for the express purpose of making new baby trees which can be ground up into future books... might not get your point across, but they'll sure as hell ignore you next time. That or they'll call the cops.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: merithyn on May 09, 2011, 08:37:31 PM
Or "Vellum, mother fucker! Can you say it?"

Ooh, even if he doesn't, I'm gonna be using this one.  On my almost-father-in-law.  If Nooks were Catholicism, he'd be the freaking Counter-Reformation.
Experience bij!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

This happened to me last year.  Guy at the entrance trapped me and was talking to me about this damn thing for about five minutes while I wracked my brain for a way to politely extradite myself from him.  I never could think of anything intelligent to say so I just began making nasally choking sounds till he stopped talking.  He stood there for a moment and looked at me. 

"Are you alright sir?".

"Yep", I smiled and walked off.

He didn't even bother me on the way out.  Come to think of it, he hasn't bothered me since then.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

"Have fun working yourself out of a job, sucker." :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

You go to the religious section, take out a bible & demonstrate to the sale people that only a printed book can deliver discipline in a meaningfull way.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

I'm here to trawl for ass, thanks!

Any good MILF's in the kiddie section today?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Brazen

"My palimpsest and the local monastery fulfils that purpose for me"