News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

30 Seconds to Mars - Opinions sought

Started by Martinus, May 04, 2011, 03:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Is this band worth listening to or just crap? I heard a couple of songs by them on the radio and they seemed decent (kinda Muse-ish) but then the whole "outlook" (including emo-make-up-ed Jared Leto) just sets me off.

Is this a teenage girl heartrob crap or some good music?

Zoupa

Brazen

Mart, you're a 30-something lawyer. You don't need other people to tell you whether you like some group's music or not. No-one's telling you to buy into their lifestyle.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Emo crap.

Quote from: Brazen on May 04, 2011, 03:30:45 AM
Mart, you're a 30-something lawyer. You don't need other people to tell you whether you like some group's music or not. No-one's telling you to buy into their lifestyle.
:yes:
If you like it you like it. Older people are allowed to like uncool bands without being mocked mercilessly as if  they were still in the school yard.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

One of Korea's favorite bands.  Hence, lame.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on May 04, 2011, 08:19:35 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 04, 2011, 08:18:52 AM
One of Korea's favorite bands.  Hence, lame.
Sour grapes = DELICIOUS. :cool:
Yes, but also she had extremely bad taste in music.

In seriousness, they're okay for what they are.  Their songs are generally listenable, some are faintly catchy.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Camerus

In the mid aughties, I went to an Audioslave show where 30 Seconds was opening for them.  They were still a new band, but one thing that struck me was how poor the lead singer was at working the crowd.  His idea of working the crowd was basically just unleashing endless strings of swear words in between songs in a failed bid to "sound cool".

As for their music, it was just mediocre.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on May 04, 2011, 06:41:18 AM
Older people are allowed to like uncool bands without being mocked mercilessly

:huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Listen to a couple of their songs on Youtube and make up your own mind. Geeze.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on May 04, 2011, 09:46:43 AM
Quote from: Tyr on May 04, 2011, 06:41:18 AM
Older people are allowed to like uncool bands without being mocked mercilessly

:huh:

Don't worry garbon. You're not older people yet, so you don't get it. Eventually you grow into a bitter old bastard/ queen/ coot/ whatever or into an old bastard/queen/ coot/ whatever who just doesn't give a fuck. If it's the second part, then Josq's statement applies.

Shit... that was Josq's who said that, eh? Still true, in spite of that.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on May 04, 2011, 12:31:53 PM
Don't worry garbon. You're not older people yet, so you don't get it. Eventually you grow into a bitter old bastard/ queen/ coot/ whatever or into an old bastard/queen/ coot/ whatever who just doesn't give a fuck. If it's the second part, then Josq's statement applies.

Shit... that was Josq's who said that, eh? Still true, in spite of that.

Oh I can understand the not caring part (after all, when do I ever care about anything) but as far as I've seen the mocking still happens.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.