News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mac or PC? And what does it say about you?

Started by merithyn, April 24, 2011, 10:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a Mac person or a PC person?

Mac
PC
Neither, I still use a can on a string to communicate.

Norgy

Quote from: Slargos on April 24, 2011, 01:01:11 PM

So now you're telling me that it is infact up to the individual to determine what's best for them.

Do you know better than Steve Jobs?  :rolleyes:

No, I am telling you that you don't deserve a computer, much less the internet.  :rolleyes:

Slargos

Quote from: Norgy on April 24, 2011, 01:41:41 PM

So now you're telling me that it is infact up to the individual to determine what's best for them.

No, I am telling you that you don't deserve a computer, much less the internet.  :rolleyes:

Here we go with the crypto-fascist tendencies again. You're turning into more and more of a totalitarian every day.  :hmm:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

grumbler

Quote from: Slargos on April 24, 2011, 01:49:57 PM

Here we go with the crypto-fascist tendencies again. You're turning into more and more of a totalitarian every day.  :hmm:
A librarytarian totalitarian?  :hmm:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on April 24, 2011, 02:03:11 PM
Quote from: Slargos on April 24, 2011, 01:49:57 PM

A librarytarian totalitarian?  :hmm:

A faux labradorian totalitarian.   :hmm:

Norgy

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Mac user. I seem to follow the stereotype in all but wine. I love my pinot g. and zinfandel.  :Embarrass:

Martinus

Quote from: merithyn on April 24, 2011, 11:57:59 AM
I thought it was beyond ridiculous (22% more than what?)
Actually, it's pretty clear what they meant.  :huh: The only question is whether they really mean % or base points.

Martinus

My only beef: the analysis lacks the most crucial question/distinction.  :homestar:

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Neither, based on the infographic's definition of that choice.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

Mac people are 21% more likely than PC people to consider themselves computer-savvy gearheads.

:lol:

Mac people are 21% more likely to be self-delusional, apparently. Where are these gearheads all hiding, and are they all running Debian on their Mac hardware?

On one hand, the Mac preference for a Vespa over a Harley makes me proud not to be one of them, but I can't say much for the PCers' wine choices.  :yuk:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 25, 2011, 11:47:52 AM
Mac people are 21% more likely than PC people to consider themselves computer-savvy gearheads.

:lol:

Mac people are 21% more likely to be self-delusional, apparently. Where are these gearheads all hiding, and are they all running Debian on their Mac hardware?

On one hand, the Mac preference for a Vespa over a Harley makes me proud not to be one of them, but I can't say much for the PCers' wine choices.  :yuk:

I donèt see why that could not be the case - in general that is.

Remember who the majority of computer users are - joe average.  They go into Best Buy, or Walmart, and buy whatever generic POS PC they have in stock.

If you buy a Mac, youève at least given your computer purchase a bit more thought (since it is still a somewhat unusual purchase), and you have also spent almost double what a PC costs.  You may well consider yourself a bit more computer savvy.

That doesnèt mean every Mac user is more computer savvy than every PC user - far from it.  But in discussing generalitiesÉ

ŝtupid language settings...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.