News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Online Dating ?

Started by jamesww, April 14, 2011, 12:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Quote from: Ideologue on April 14, 2011, 01:12:57 PM
Wait, dirty as in they're sexually liberated, dirty as in they smell bad, or dirty as in they do not maintain proper protocol for anal?

Sure.

DGuller

It works at meeting women for me, although expect many to significantly understate their level of fatness in their pictures.  It certainly a good way to meet women if you're shy and not a natural player.  Only one woman I met seemed a little off mentally, and I think she was just depressed more than anything.

MadImmortalMan

Try it and do a running AAR.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Quote from: Norgy on April 14, 2011, 01:20:57 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 14, 2011, 01:12:57 PM
Wait, dirty as in they're sexually liberated, dirty as in they smell bad, or dirty as in they do not maintain proper protocol for anal?

Sure.

Well, one out of three ain't bad in that regard.

Quote from: DGullerIt works at meeting women for me, although expect many to significantly understate their level of fatness in their pictures.  It certainly a good way to meet women if you're shy and not a natural player.  Only one woman I met seemed a little off mentally, and I think she was just depressed more than anything.

I put slender in my profile even though at 170 and change I'm really not, but it was because I was assumed "average" was code for "fat."  And perhaps not even technically code, just factually correct. : /
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Average means fat? :unsure:

Disagree with it being good for the shy, much harder to send a message to someone online than to just open your gob in reality.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

I have no idea.  But they say we're an obese nation, and I'd bet the average of people using online dating skews even fatter.  Also, people do tend to inflate (or, here, underinflate : / ) their good points in a personals ad.  I mean, I don't say I have a drinking problem, I just say I don't drink.

I'm also "smoking, but trying to quit." :goodboy:  Which may, if I actually get into it, be downgraded to "non-smoker," which is an "outright lie," but I can fake that.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on April 14, 2011, 01:30:55 PM

Disagree with it being good for the shy, much harder to send a message to someone online than to just open your gob in reality.

Dude, it's America.

You should. Try cougarsonline.com. It's an hoot.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 14, 2011, 01:36:32 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 14, 2011, 01:30:55 PM

Dude, it's America.

You should. Try cougarsonline.com. It's an hoot.

That url doesn't work.  meetlocalcougars.com does, however.

BIOINICWOMAN1: do not want. :Embarrass:

Besides, you don't need the Internet to find old women to fuck.  That's easy.  Even I find that easy.

Edit: easy does not mean without value, of course.
Kinemalogue

Grey Fox

There's million of dating sites. Pick one. Enjoy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 14, 2011, 01:36:32 PM
Dude, it's America.

I don't really think it's that, it's more that people online have a tendency to describe themselves in a rosy light. So like Ide said, someone with extra pounds on them will describe themselves as average.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Norgy

Quote from: garbon on April 14, 2011, 01:59:37 PM

I don't really think it's that, it's more that people online have a tendency to describe themselves in a rosy light. So like Ide said, someone with extra pounds on them will describe themselves as average.

That's true. And there are some really flattering pictures out there. So if you see someone actually looking average on an online dating site, they are either a) hideous or b) in dire need of a marketing team.

DGuller

Quote from: Norgy on April 14, 2011, 02:02:24 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 14, 2011, 01:59:37 PM

That's true. And there are some really flattering pictures out there. So if you see someone actually looking average on an online dating site, they are either a) hideous or b) in dire need of a marketing team.
GFY.  :mad:

HVC

Quote from: Norgy on April 14, 2011, 02:02:24 PM

There's also the "model effect" Some people, even without taking extra steps, look really good in photos but not in real life. 3D just does not suit them. there are some people who are the exact opposite too.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Apparently you have to post lots and lots of pics of you rock climbing, sailing or offpisting. At least that's what people do in Sweden.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.