Main Menu

The Cat Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 02, 2011, 06:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on February 13, 2014, 06:12:44 PM

Dawww. 

All mine do anymore is fight and generally act like dumbasses to each other.  Milo was the one who kept them in line, I guess. 

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Capetan Mihali

From a chain e-mail I got:

:wub: :weep:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

I think the ancient three-legged cat is getting close to the end of her path.  :cry:  She is eating even less than the tinye bit she ever ate; doesn't get around nearly as well on her three legs, the back leg doesn't seem strong enough to support her full weight as she hops forward on it; she was always very loud and vocal, but doesn't make much noise at all any more; and she hasn't left her nest of dirty pajamas in my bathroom on her own in a couple of days.

Other than not being able to walk around as well she doesn't show any signs of physical discomfort or pain, just very, very worn out.

It wasn't too hard to know when it was the end when the cat had a tumor growing out of his face.  Not easy to deal with, but easy to know.  I guess I will take her into the vet for a check up to make sure she isn't in any discomfort I am not noticing, but then what?  At what point do I do the deed?

Selfie of me and the cat taking a nap a couple of weeks ago

Admiral Yi

Anyone ever tell you look like James Gandolfini?

sbr

Wow, I just noticed it has been one year and one day since we had to put Pepper down, and in 2 hours it will be Cybil's turn.

Took her to the vet on Saturday and the vet made it clear it wouldn't be too early to do it any time.  In December she weighed 5 pounds, on Saturday she was down to 3.5.  Her kidney's are shutting down and she has a heart murmur the vet didn't remember from December.  She has gone downhill pretty fast since Saturday even.

The rumor is she was a stray that her previous owner adopted out of a dumpster.  That owner, who was a good friend of my ex's boss at the time, died suddenly in late '03 so we took in Cybil and another cat Harvey; nobody had medical records but were pretty sure they were both between 8-10 at that point.  Harvey died in '07 from kidney failure.  Cybil and my ex really bonded and became inseparable; Cybil went when the ex moved out.  My ex got evicted just 6 months after moving out, so Cybil came back home and has been here since. 

She had her back right leg amputated in '08 because of a cancerous tumor, but barely missed a beat and was cruising around on three legs within a couple of hours of being allowed to walk.  She is rarely more than 6' away from me when I am home, I call her my Puppy cat because she just follows me around the house like a puppy.  No matter where I am going she has to follow, just hopping around on those three little legs.

We won't be able to have the vet come here this time, too late notice but I don't want to wait until tomorrow.  As fast as she is going down I don't think I can wait 24 hours, most of that with her alone because of me sleeping and working.

This one is going to be really rough, I barely made it through the phone call to the vet.  I've known its coming for a while, because she is very close to 20 years old, but she is my bestest buddy. 

Do I still look like James Gandolfini?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Nope.  First shot you do though.  Must be the nostrils.  :P

CountDeMoney

I'm sorry, sbr.  I hated having to put Sneaks down in the middle of the night when I had made arrangements for a vet to come over when "it was time", but their little bodies keep their own clocks.

And if it makes you feel better, you look like an anaphylactic Patrick Dempsey after a really nasty bee sting.  :hug:

LOL, I had one of those rocking floor chairs years ago.  It was black.

Brazen

Oh sbr, I'm so sorry.

I still haven't settled on cat names. I'm thinking Indy and Ripley; what say you? Or Ludo and Domino? Or Mungo and Midge (I used to love Mary, Mungo and Midge as a wee child). Other suggestions welcome.

Brazen

Why doesn't cat food come in pork or seafood flavours? Are cats Jewish?

Brazen

My cats' former owners have friended me on Facebook so I don't feel like I can talk about the cats (specifically renaming them) openly :-S First world problems!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.