Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2011, 07:37:07 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 01, 2011, 07:34:44 AM
Barr?  :lol:

Shine on you crazy diamond.
I'm not the only person around here who voted for Barr. :shifty:

:yes:

'04 Bush
'08 Barr
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I thought Bob Barr was black for the longest time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on April 01, 2011, 10:21:15 AM
For the longest time I thought he was Roseanne's son. :)

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HisMajestyBOB

'04 Kerry  :x
'08 Obama
I'd be willing to vote Republican if their candidates were tolerable.
Would've wrote-in for McCain in 2000 if I was old enough to vote, and I'd vote for Huntsman in 2012 if he had a chance in hell of ever getting the nomination.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2011, 10:22:32 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 01, 2011, 10:21:15 AM
For the longest time I thought he was Roseanne's son. :)

Googling Bob Barr Black indicates I'm not the only one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on March 31, 2011, 05:15:13 AM
:hmm:

I think RFK could have been a really great President, which is saying a lot coming from me considering how much I dislike the Kennedy clan.
I agree with this.

Razgovory

Quote from: Drakken on April 01, 2011, 09:47:57 AM
Can't believe anyone forgot Hannibal Hamlin in '65. Shameful.  :cry:

I mentioned him.

Admiral Yi

Caliga

He was really smart, an excellent speaker, genuinely compassionate, loved the blacks, and put lots of Italians in jail. :wub:

Caliga

Also he was supposedly an excellent behind-the-scenes negotiator (hence "Thank God for Bobby" coming from JFK following the Cuban Missile Crisis).

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 01, 2011, 12:00:37 PM
I don't really get all the RFK love.

Me, either.  I don't think he would have made a great president.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Norgy

What about Nelson Rockefeller instead of Teflon Brain?