News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on May 16, 2016, 05:06:33 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 14, 2016, 08:38:00 AMCanada people are going to be attracted to this place - and not just because we get the best weather in the country  :P

Nah, it is the weather!

My niece just moved to Tofino. I want to follow her :lol:

That is a very very nice place to live.

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 16, 2016, 08:24:19 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 14, 2016, 08:38:00 AMCanada people are going to be attracted to this place - and not just because we get the best weather in the country  :P

Nah, it is the weather!

Until the big earthquake hits. That's prime tsunami turf right there, if I'm not mistaken

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on May 16, 2016, 08:52:29 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 16, 2016, 08:24:19 PM

Nah, it is the weather!

Until the big earthquake hits. That's prime tsunami turf right there, if I'm not mistaken

Yeah, every few hundred years its not so nice.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 16, 2016, 07:52:42 PM
So much for the theory in the Globe and Mail. 
a newspaper unable to understand basic statistics?!  Say it ain't so!
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on May 18, 2016, 11:47:07 PM
So, Trudeau is a friend to all women, except when they get in his way.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trudeau-accused-of-pushing-elbowing-opposition-mps-in-house-1.2908055

Yeah this story is kind of crazy.  WTF was Trudeau even thinking?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ancient Demon

Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on May 19, 2016, 12:06:53 AM
http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trudeau-accused-of-pushing-elbowing-opposition-mps-in-house-1.2908055

That was messed up, like a session in the Ukraine.

Grey Fox

Trudeau probably didn't notice. Dude made a straight bitch be angry line for the CP whip.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on May 19, 2016, 12:06:53 AM

You should know by now, thinking, that's not for him.

viper37

Back on Fort Mac.

There were lot of criticism that Trudeau did not show up sooner.  Same criticism laid on Stephen Harper during the St-Jean-sur-Richelieu flood.

My position then and now is that the Prime Minister of Canada does not have to be there on day 1 (or very soon after), that is not his job.  Emergency services like that are handle by the provinces.   When they decide they need Federal help, they call for it, and even then, it's usually the military's job to supplement the local rescuers.  I want to see my Premier on the scene when there are such tragedies, but the Prime Minister, he can wait a little more.

So, was it a mistake for our prime ministers to not show up with an army of cameras on day 1 of both tragedies?

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on May 19, 2016, 09:05:24 AM
Back on Fort Mac.

There were lot of criticism that Trudeau did not show up sooner.  Same criticism laid on Stephen Harper during the St-Jean-sur-Richelieu flood.

My position then and now is that the Prime Minister of Canada does not have to be there on day 1 (or very soon after), that is not his job.  Emergency services like that are handle by the provinces.   When they decide they need Federal help, they call for it, and even then, it's usually the military's job to supplement the local rescuers.  I want to see my Premier on the scene when there are such tragedies, but the Prime Minister, he can wait a little more.

So, was it a mistake for our prime ministers to not show up with an army of cameras on day 1 of both tragedies?

No, I agree with you. Last thing emergency services need is to handle a political visit when the actual problem is happening.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Drakken

It was obviously an accident. The CP whip was blocking the line and other MPs who wanted to vote. Brosseau was behind him as Trudeau swerved around, and his elbow hit her chest. Opposition is going to have a field day over it. Already, Saint-Hyacinthe-Bagot MP was comparing his apologies to those of a husband to his battered wife. Really. :rolleyes:

Still, Trudeau didn't have to take matters in his hand like that. That should have been the job of the government Whip to go to his peer and tell him to move his ass and let other MPs vote.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on May 19, 2016, 09:05:24 AM
Back on Fort Mac.

No.  I have plenty of beefs with Trudeau, but this isn't one of them.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Drakken on May 19, 2016, 09:17:30 AM

It was obviously an accident. The CP whip was blocking the line and other MPs who wanted to vote. Brosseau was behind him as Trudeau swerved around, and his elbow hit her chest. Opposition is going to have a field day over it. Already, Saint-Hyacinthe-Bagot MP was comparing his apologies to those of a husband to his battered wife. Really. :rolleyes:

Still, Trudeau didn't have to take matters in his hand like that. That should have been the job of the government Whip to go to his peer and tell him to move his ass and let other MPs vote.
Oh, I agree with you.  I just heard about the NPD rant, that was silly.