News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Uncharted Waters Online

Started by Grallon, March 18, 2011, 04:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Since the other one drowned - let me raise it again.  I'm still playing and still having fun.  Although for some it's as much fun as watching paint dry.

Since the last thread there has been 2 Updates: Azteca (meso-America unlocked) and Angkor (South-East Asia and large PVP battles at sea unlocked).

I'm now a lvl 26 Adventurer, a lvl 15 Maritime and a lvl 40 Merchant.

And I sail a magnificent trading galleon but I'm looking forward to the super large galleon!
^_^

G.

-----

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

I started trying to play this again when I saw the updates but got bored while trying to sail from London to Lisbon.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

I downloaded it, got annoyed with the anime art direction, and quit.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grallon

And Garbon is right on cue  :P

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

Quote from: Barrister on March 18, 2011, 04:59:28 PM

Yes that's bothersome at first but frankly BB, I didn't think you were that shallow.  The main problem isn't silly Asian quirks like this - it's the hordes of cheats and gold sellers.

Still I love sailing, and searching tombs for artifacts, and making a killing profit with a cargo of spices from India, and crafting nice clothes or furniture, and ...  You know - something other than fighting endless throngs of mobs like in WoW or the other MMOs of that ilk.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Barrister

Quote from: Grallon on March 18, 2011, 05:05:40 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 18, 2011, 04:59:28 PM

Yes that's bothersome at first but frankly BB, I didn't think you were that shallow.  The main problem isn't silly Asian quirks like this - it's the hordes of cheats and gold sellers.

Still I love sailing, and searching tombs for artifacts, and making a killing profit with a cargo of spices from India, and crafting nice clothes or furniture, and ...  You know - something other than fighting endless throngs of mobs like in WoW or the other MMOs of that ilk.

I dunno - aren't you allowed to be shallow when it comes to something as frivolous as gaming?

I liked the idea of it - that's why I downloaded it in the first place.  I loved Sid's Pirates (both the original and remake), and this sounds like a bigger version of that.  Maybe I'll try it again some day.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on March 18, 2011, 05:00:04 PM
And Garbon is right on cue  :P

G.

I was just pointing out that the game didn't change fundamentally with the new expansions...especially not for those just starting out. Shame.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

GAMA server was hacked and deleted.  This happens 3 days after a large ban of hundreds of multi-boxer accounts (mostly Chinese).  I'm pissed.  <_<

G.

~Jean-François Revel

LaCroix

Grallon

Fortunately after 4 hours the server was back up - and I hadn't had lost even the new Sewing rank I had acquired right before the crash.  The publisher even extended the 3X skill event until tomorrow.

Pity nobody else from here still plays.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

szmik

I'd play, but Lotro takes all my free time. I'm near lvl cap though, so I might get bored soon.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

crazy canuck

I still dont know why you play an MMO Grallon.  You dont like playing with others.  Why not just start a solo game like patrician or Pirates - then you dont have to worry about cheats and hacks.

Grallon

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 28, 2011, 04:02:25 PM
I still dont know why you play an MMO Grallon.  You dont like playing with others.  Why not just start a solo game like patrician or Pirates - then you dont have to worry about cheats and hacks.

I believe I've said it before - other people add background noise and depth to the game.

I'm now lvl 50 trader, lvl 32 Adventurer and lvl 20 maritime.  I must have around 100M in the bank and I'm getting bored.  When is CK2 coming out?

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

Well the 4th Expansion: "Ottoman Empire" has been released last week.  You can now defect to the Ottoman Empire; you can also own a plantation in the Carribean, the Indian Ocean, the Pacific and off the coasts of Western Africa.

I am now lvl 55 trader, lvl 36 Adventurer and lvl 21 maritime (hate the grind).

And here's my newest ship - a large trading clipper with a workshop modification.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Shade