New EVE Online Thread

Started by MadBurgerMaker, March 16, 2011, 10:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

A'ight, will do this evening.

AND WHEN I SAY THIS EVENING, I DON'T MEAN RIGHT AT 6PM

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Drakken on March 23, 2012, 07:05:36 AM
Sucks that it's available only for console players. I bet quite a few Evetards would like to bomb the shit out of planets on PC, too.

I like the societal implications, though: console players are mere mooks that will fight on planets for free because it's fun, while EVE players are the elite subscribers that act like demi-gods and call the strategic shots.

I hope there's the possibility of friendly fire from orbital bombardment.  GoonFeet/GoonPlatoon is so fucked if there is.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 23, 2012, 12:46:54 AM
They showed a little of Dust 514 at the nerd convention Fan Fest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDW-HrzBo7s&feature=youtu.be

It actually looks.....well shit it looks like it's coming along nicely.  Orbital bombardment looks pretty groovy.

Looks stupid as all fuck, and a completely unnecessary waste of time and resources that could be better applied to EVE content, much in the same way as wasting all that programming horsepower on the stupid-ass character clothes and other walking-around-the-space-station bullshit.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 23, 2012, 01:29:32 PM
Looks stupid as all fuck, and a completely unnecessary waste of time and resources that could be better applied to EVE content, much in the same way as wasting all that programming horsepower on the stupid-ass character clothes and other walking-around-the-space-station bullshit.

Except no, it isn't the same.  They are using CCP Shanghai to develop Dust.  They aren't stripping the devs you're actually familiar with from EVE development. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 23, 2012, 01:37:28 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 23, 2012, 01:29:32 PM

Except no, it isn't the same.  They are using CCP Shanghai to develop Dust.  They aren't stripping the devs you're actually familiar with from EVE.

Still, stupid as all-fuck concept, integrating it into EVE.

I hope they do employ orbital bombardment, because I'm going spawn nuke ass rape every fucking Ritalin-starved 15 year old fucking Chinky monkey nigger that plays that mother fucking game.  All. Fucking. Day. Long.

MadBurgerMaker

Nah, it's a pretty solid concept.  You're just a moron. :)  Having dudes dropping down onto planets as part of system invasions (or whatever they're going to be doing with them at first in the NPC systems) makes sense.  There's just no way to have that in EVE Online itself, unless you turn it into a spreadsheet or something else that totally sucks, so the next best way is to have it as a separate FPS. 

The problem is going to be when the twitchy console tards move on to the next FPS in a couple months and all that is left are EVE players waging their own wars.  Well, I don't know, maybe that isn't really a problem for CCP.  EVE players are probably more likely to spend real life money buying shit for Dust than the stereotypical consoletard anyway, at least if it gives them any sort of advantage in EVE at all.

Anyway, re: PC version of it:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/07/gdc-2012-ccp-talks-dust-eve-and-world-of-darkness/

QuoteWhile many EVE Online players aren't thrilled with DUST 514's PlayStation 3 exclusivity, there may be hope for a PC release yet. And while the devs weren't ready to make any official statements on the spot, a bit of wink-nudging indicates that a PC release may still be in the cards. As the devs note, mouse and keyboard controls are already supported in the PS3 version of the title. "I wonder why we did that," Hilmar joked during the interview.

If they do release it on PC, it'll be another game to play while playing EVE!  Sweet!

CountDeMoney

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Alcibiades

Bought a Megathron Navy Issue today, should be fun.

With the boosts I plan on whoring with.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Razgovory

So the prostitutes in the future will need 16 meters of reinforced rolled tungsten plates before they go out at night?  What ever for?  I can see the reason behind the Domination Warp Scrambler, sorta.  Some kind of S&M thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Alcibiades

Alright, I'm off to play army tomorrow morning until Sunday night.  You better be ready to go next weekend, just saying.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

:lol:  Mittani got into a bit of trouble on stage at Fanfest.

CCP, trying hard to cover their asses (they approved the powerpoint slide in the first place lolz), banned him for 30 days in game.  Alci, you should bring that Mega by Jita on or soon after April 28.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 28, 2012, 11:35:00 PM
Alright, I'm off to play army tomorrow morning until Sunday night.  You better be ready to go next weekend, just saying.

Yah mon, ready to join the corp when you return.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 29, 2012, 07:23:17 AM
Alci, you should bring that Mega by Jita on or soon after April 28.

Why, what's happening?  New Navy Mega custom colors or something?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 29, 2012, 07:40:52 AM
Why, what's happening?  New Navy Mega custom colors or something?

Mass suicide ganking.  :)  You got a new jump freighter, right?