News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

March Madness

Started by Admiral Yi, March 13, 2011, 02:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 28, 2011, 08:51:25 PM
ESPN's The Fab Five documentary is pretty interesting.

NCAA rules are dumb.

I haven't seen it but I want to.  I have heard it was pretty good but with Jalen Rose and Juwan Howard as producers it did gloss over some stuff, not as much as the UNLV "documentary" that was on HBO though.

MadBurgerMaker

If you guys get the chance, and if you want to see some ridiculous shit, check out the ESPN 30 for 30 flick about 80's SMU.  IIRC it's called The Pony Excess.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 28, 2011, 11:48:16 PM
If you guys get the chance, and if you want to see some ridiculous shit, check out the ESPN 30 for 30 flick about 80's SMU.  IIRC it's called The Pony Excess.

Now that was an out of control program.  Not Barry Switzer out of control, but still whacked.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 28, 2011, 08:51:25 PM
ESPN's The Fab Five documentary is pretty interesting.

NCAA rules are dumb.

You should always know how many time outs you have.  Always.

katmai

He might be talking about the whole vacating those years cause of Webber to boot?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Also, watch the one on the U. Totally hilarious. Especially the Cotton bowl stuff.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: katmai on March 29, 2011, 06:21:03 AM
He might be talking about the whole vacating those years cause of Webber to boot?

This.

NCAA rules of the actual games are fine, even if I don't know 99% of them. It's the amateur BS that I find dumb.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

I have that sitting on my Tivo, haven't watched it yet.  I don't think I have the Miami one, I have been watching for it.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: derspiess on March 28, 2011, 09:13:35 PM
I almost picked UCONN but decided against it since they ended the regular season on a cold streak.
But they looked very, very good in the Big East Tourney.  My dad do a round by round bracket every year, which we usually forget to pick for once the first break hits.  This year, I actually had picked VCU through the sit in game and the first two rounds of the tourney.  Throw in my usual pick of taking my team, aka UCONN, and it makes me kind of wish I'd filled out a real bracket.  Oh well.  AT least it's been an interesting Tourney and something to get me through till the start of baseball season and the inevitable downturn of the 2nd place Spring Training Royals!  hahaha
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2011, 07:10:29 AM

Also, watch the one on the U. Totally hilarious. Especially the Cotton bowl stuff.

I was 13 at the time.  I cried.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on March 29, 2011, 10:43:56 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2011, 07:10:29 AM

I was 13 at the time.  I cried.

Man up

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 30, 2011, 07:13:37 AM
Man up

If only you had been there 20 years ago to tell me that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on March 30, 2011, 07:52:54 AM
Man up

When I get my time machine working again, I will.

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 30, 2011, 07:54:02 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 30, 2011, 07:52:54 AM
Man up

When I get my time machine working again, I will.

Priorities! ensuring no Tim O. takes precedent!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Ed went back in time and killed Tim's dad. Then as Tim's dad was dead he convinced himself Tim would never be and allowed himself to console Tim's mom. Result- Ed became Tim's dad.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?