News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2011

Started by Brazen, March 09, 2011, 06:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: blog ladyStick with it. Can't manage a minute?

Or just fall over dead.

Although I'm still amazed that I can still run a mile without stopping.  Not in any spectacular time (I think it was like eight or nine minutes?) but I thought my lungs were shattered by this point.  If I get them back in working order, I don't have to quit smoking, yes? :hmm:

Running on a treadmill--it was actually the first time I've been to the apartment's "gym" in a while.  Could not make heads nor tails of many of the weight machines, so just did chest presses, leg lifts, and some sort of curling bar thing.

Am presently doing 110 situps a day, and think I may go ahead and do another 110 to make for a somewhat spotty past week. :blush:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Popped out on the bike this afternoon to do some shopping, did about 30-35 miles, quite windy but a nice little trip.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

Quote from: Ideologue on May 17, 2011, 11:26:56 AM

Or just fall over dead.

Although I'm still amazed that I can still run a mile without stopping.  Not in any spectacular time (I think it was like eight or nine minutes?) but I thought my lungs were shattered by this point.  If I get them back in working order, I don't have to quit smoking, yes? :hmm:

Running on a treadmill--it was actually the first time I've been to the apartment's "gym" in a while.  Could not make heads nor tails of many of the weight machines, so just did chest presses, leg lifts, and some sort of curling bar thing.

Am presently doing 110 situps a day, and think I may go ahead and do another 110 to make for a somewhat spotty past week. :blush:

You know the "blog lady" is Brazen, right?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on May 17, 2011, 02:59:52 PM

Ide don't you know her name and what she looks like from FB?

Anyway back to the gym for me.  Very excited to get back working out.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Haven't you tried running outside, or am I missing something ?

When I used to run, I loved nothing better than going out run in a real downpour or a thunderstorm.

Drakken

Have been doing some MMA training for the last month in my workout resting days: Brazilian Jiu-jitsu on Saturdays, Muay Thai on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sparred last week, only body blows allowed, and it turned into a brawl quickly.

I always get out of my BJJ course with at least one injury somewhere, not that I care though.

Ideologue

Quote from: merithyn on May 17, 2011, 02:59:52 PM

Or just fall over dead.

Well, it's obvious now.  Sorry, B, I didn't look at the picture. :)

Quote from: ValmyIde don't you know her name and what she looks like from FB?

I'm not on Facebook.  I do know what Brazen looks like and I vaguely recall her real name, but again, didn't look at the picutre. :P

Quote from: mongersHaven't you tried running outside, or am I missing something ?

When I used to run, I loved nothing better than going out run in a real downpour or a thunderstorm.

That's because you're an odd man, Moriarty. :hmm:

No, as I see it, there are several advantages to using a treadmill: 1) accurate measurement of "distance" traveled, 2)enforcing a pace--I find it difficult to just jog, instead of sprint, when left to my own devices; 3)being in an air-conditioned room while I run; 4)not looking like a pussy in public.  Also, I mainly wanted to go to the gym to work on my biceps, so I was already there.

Anyway, it wasn't obvious at the time, but my calves have hurt like a motherfucker the past two days.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Brazen

Quote from: Maximus on May 17, 2011, 11:15:37 AM
My sister just linked to this blog on facebook. :hmm:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/BerryH/view/20-things-i-wish-i-d-known-about-running-when-i-started-103936
:lol: That's really funny. I got some rave reviews and people getting in touch saying it had inspired them to run but I didn't know it had gone viral! Fancy it finding its way back here!

Valmy

Quote from: Ideologue on May 19, 2011, 09:11:28 AM
I'm not on Facebook.  I do know what Brazen looks like and I vaguely recall her real name, but again, didn't look at the picutre. :P

Ah for some reason I always thought you were but I guess that was just Korea.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2011, 10:06:30 AM

Ah for some reason I always thought you were but I guess that was just Korea.
I technically am, I guess.  I still have an account, but haven't used it in at least four years.
Kinemalogue

mongers

That's because you're an odd man, Moriarty. :hmm:

No, as I see it, there are several advantages to using a treadmill: 1) accurate measurement of "distance" traveled, 2)enforcing a pace--I find it difficult to just jog, instead of sprint, when left to my own devices; 3)being in an air-conditioned room while I run; 4)not looking like a pussy in public.  Also, I mainly wanted to go to the gym to work on my biceps, so I was already there.

Anyway, it wasn't obvious at the time, but my calves have hurt like a motherfucker the past two days.

Listen here young'un  <_<, I was once fit enough that rather than walk, I used to run everywhere, none of this was for exercise, but once you reach a certain level of fitness, stuff like that is just more fun. 
So I'd say to you take it outside, as soon as you feel comfortable and you'll start enjoying it more.

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on May 19, 2011, 03:25:33 PM

I was once fit enough that rather than walk, I used to run everywhere, none of this was for exercise,

Actually, running everywhere does seem odd, maybe Ide has a point.  :P Though I've often thought it would be great to run to work in the morning--a great way to stay in shape while also saving some time. But it is a bit far for that, and I would have to run with a spare change of clothes/shoes/etc.

I'm running a 10k in a bit over a month and it is killing me to clock 3 miles in 30 minutes on a treadmill. I think I'm in trouble.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on May 19, 2011, 04:32:44 PM
Quote from: mongers on May 19, 2011, 03:25:33 PM

I was once fit enough that rather than walk, I used to run everywhere, none of this was for exercise,

Actually, running everywhere does seem odd, maybe Ide has a point.  :P Though I've often thought it would be great to run to work in the morning--a great way to stay in shape while also saving some time. But it is a bit far for that, and I would have to run with a spare change of clothes/shoes/etc.

I'm running a 10k in a bit over a month and it is killing me to clock 3 miles in 30 minutes on a treadmill. I think I'm in trouble.

I didn't mean that literally, obviously I still had cars/trucks/bikes to get places, but if I was out shopping or had to go into town to do the banking I'd run there, or run between the shops, rather than walking. Or run everywhere at work rather than walk, which I got into trouble for on an construction engineering site.

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on May 19, 2011, 04:36:46 PM

I didn't mean that literally, obviously I still had cars/trucks/bikes to get places, but if I was out shopping or had to go into town to do the banking I'd run there, or run between the shops, rather than walking. Or run everywhere at work rather than walk, which I got into trouble for on an construction engineering site.

That is what I was assuming when I was saying it seemed a bit odd.  :P But maybe things are different in England.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014