News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I like it. :thumbsup:

I mean - it's ugly as fuck, but it certainly is different...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

So sorry for you, Seedy!  :(

There have been some good-looking Maryland uniforms in the past (I liked the black-and-white better than Friedgen's red-and-white) but none of these seem close to being good.  The third one from the left would do if they abandoned the butterfly wings over the shoulder pads.   The one on the far left might even be acceptable if the pants didn't look like a set of diapers.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 23, 2011, 10:45:28 AM
You should have posted the whole set.  :D

I was too embarrassed.  Figured it could wait till the season started.  :blush:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 23, 2011, 10:53:34 AM
I like the shell but the stripe doesn't look right.

It looks less like a turtle shell, and more of something Barney Rubble would wear.

I am so ashamed for the Terpies.  It's shit like this (and Oregon) that makes you appreciate the Notre Dames, UCLAs, Michigans, Army/Navy and Penn States even more.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 23, 2011, 08:44:19 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 23, 2011, 10:53:34 AM
I like the shell but the stripe doesn't look right.

It looks less like a turtle shell, and more of something Barney Rubble would wear.

I am so ashamed for the Terpies.  It's shit like this (and Oregon) that makes you appreciate the Notre Dames, UCLAs, Michigans, Army/Navy and Penn States even more.

Now that you have some sweet new uni's you are only one shitty street agent and $25K away from playing for the big one.  :w00t:

Valmy

Notre Dames, UCLAs, Michigans, Army/Navy and Penn States even more.

One of these things is not like the other ones...

UCLA?  They make UNC look macho.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on August 23, 2011, 09:09:58 PM
Notre Dames, UCLAs, Michigans, Army/Navy and Penn States even more.

One of these things is not like the other ones...

UCLA?  They make UNC look macho.

UCLA was where the jersey shoulder loops started with Red Sanders back in the '50s, and has influenced many a collegiate and pro uniform ever since.

Sorry bro, baby blue and scripted logo aside, they still get props for innovation.

dps

Quote from: grumbler on August 23, 2011, 11:40:21 AM
So sorry for you, Seedy!  :(

There have been some good-looking Maryland uniforms in the past (I liked the black-and-white better than Friedgen's red-and-white) but none of these seem close to being good.  The third one from the left would do if they abandoned the butterfly wings over the shoulder pads.   The one on the far left might even be acceptable if the pants didn't look like a set of diapers.

The white uni, from what I can see of it, isn't too bad, except for the helmet, which is retarded.

grumbler

Quote from: dps on August 23, 2011, 11:17:26 PM
The white uni, from what I can see of it, isn't too bad, except for the helmet, which is retarded.
No all-white uniform is actually good, but I agree that this all-white uniform isn't worse than any other.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

All of these schools are trying to take away from Wyoming's long run in the top ten of "Worst Football Uniforms" lists.  It is just another case of the power conferences taking the little guys out of the picture.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Syt

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6889208/controversial-cy-hawk-trophy-replaced

QuoteJOHNSTON, Iowa -- The new trophy designed for the winner of the annual Iowa-Iowa State gridiron showdown was scrapped Tuesday as organizers acknowledged it had too much to do with corn and not nearly enough to do with football.

:lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

I love it when states embrace the stereotypes other states insult them with.

'Hell yeah we have nothing but corn!  We are proud of it!'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

ESPN had a story on pressure on Mack Brown. Sounds stupid to me. Reminds me of the crap Tressel went through a few years ago.

YUO WON A TITLE, WHY WON'T YOU WIN MORE..NOW. NOW! NOW.

Stupid subhuman fanboys.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 24, 2011, 11:25:33 AM
ESPN had a story on pressure on Mack Brown. Sounds stupid to me. Reminds me of the crap Tressel went through a few years ago.

YUO WON A TITLE, WHY WON'T YOU WIN MORE..NOW. NOW! NOW.

Stupid subhuman fanboys.

They've been like this from day 1, and it won't matter if his teams win three more of the things.  They'll still find reasons to hate him and screech about how he needs to be fired.   I hate those people.

edit: Well okay three more for a total of four and they might get off his back. I would imagine Mack would retire after winning the first of those three, so it wouldn't matter anyway.

grumbler

So Michigan's AD has decided to schedule Appalachian State as the season opener in 2014.  After a series of pretty good moves, this one comes as a shocker.  While he argues (via twitter) that "the opportunity to play again is a good thing. I don't see how it could be a negative" the only conclusion one can draw is that he lived under a rock in 2007.

Who needs (besides Michigan's recruiting rivals) eight months of re-runs of the vids of ASU blocking the field goal for the win in between the end of the 2013 season and the 2014 kickoff?  Michigan doesn't need the revenge game (and if they did, they should have scheduled Toledo instead!  :lol:) and cannot gain anything from beating ASU; ASU is Div-1AA, so is going to be a massive underdog no matter what.

Dumb, dumb decision.  I hate, hate, hate the fact that Michigan has abandoned its longstanding policy that it won't play Div-1AA schools.  They are playing Alabama at a neutral site in 2012; why not make that kind of game the new tradition?

Bayraktar!