News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

In five years, Meyer will be coaching at Arizona State, happily running a spreadtard offense against RichRod's Wildcats.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

Some of my friends are wildly optimistic about the Meyer pick. We'll see...

PDH

Ok, I am over last week.  This is UWyo vs Colorado State week, playing for the Bronze Boot.  Wyoming needs to get things done and finish 8-4, not make CSU's pathetic year.  CSU is all that is bad about football, they are Aggies at heart and Greenies to the core.  Wyoming, the beacon of all that is pure and right will have to smite them.

(oh God I hope so)
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 29, 2011, 01:08:44 PM
Some of my friends are wildly optimistic about the Meyer pick. We'll see...

I think he is a great catch for OSU, but that OSU is a crappy catch for him.  He'll be under the same pressures that drove him out at Florida, but without the recruiting base he had down south.  I don't see him lasting.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadImmortalMan

OttoVonBismarck

The spread run that Meyer runs isn't something that once you "figure it out" it's just totally going to collapse. With the right O-line and good running backs you can move the football against anyone with it. Success isn't based on your offense being surprising.

LSU runs a very straight forward, ho-hum rush heavy offense that focuses on pounding the ball and then throwing PA to keep the defense honest. When you have the right amount of talent all you need is some degree of consistency in moving the ball on the ground and you don't have to worry about the rest.

The key is to have a good defense to go along with it, which LSU has. If Meyer has a decent defense all he needs is a viable offense that is consistent and he'll win most of his games every year, just like Tressel did.

grumbler

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 29, 2011, 02:01:39 PM
You mean hot coeds?

That was a great rumor while it lasted! :thumbsup:

The real issue is he can't handle losing.  When he already feels like shit about losing, and someone gets on his case about losing, the result is ugly for everyone.

He doesn't lose often, to be sure.  He's not going to win ten games next year, though.  Probably seven or eight.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: PDH on November 29, 2011, 01:45:20 PM
Ok, I am over last week.  This is UWyo vs Colorado State week, playing for the Bronze Boot.  Wyoming needs to get things done and finish 8-4, not make CSU's pathetic year.  CSU is all that is bad about football, they are Aggies at heart and Greenies to the core.  Wyoming, the beacon of all that is pure and right will have to smite them.

(oh God I hope so)
Greenies?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

Greenies are unreconstructed Coloradans.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

Quote from: PDH on November 29, 2011, 05:27:00 PM
I am ignorant in the ways of the perfidious Coloradans, what sins have they committed that necessitates their reconstruction?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Meyer's success or lack thereof the next few years are going to depend more on what sanctions Ohio State ultimately ends up getting than on anything else.

PDH

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 29, 2011, 06:15:01 PM
Quote from: PDH on November 29, 2011, 05:27:00 PM
I am ignorant in the ways of the perfidious Coloradans, what sins have they committed that necessitates their reconstruction?

You don't understand anything about college football, do you?
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Rasputin

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 29, 2011, 02:31:54 PM
The spread run that Meyer runs isn't something that once you "figure it out" it's just totally going to collapse. With the right O-line and good running backs you can move the football against anyone with it. Success isn't based on your offense being surprising.

LSU runs a very straight forward, ho-hum rush heavy offense that focuses on pounding the ball and then throwing PA to keep the defense honest. When you have the right amount of talent all you need is some degree of consistency in moving the ball on the ground and you don't have to worry about the rest.

The key is to have a good defense to go along with it, which LSU has. If Meyer has a decent defense all he needs is a viable offense that is consistent and he'll win most of his games every year, just like Tressel did.

talent being equal, some offenses are simply easier to defend than others. myers brand of wing t does not do well once its been figured out
Who is John Galt?

Valmy

Just heard on the radio that Washington State is going to offer their HC job to Mike Leach and he is going to accept.

Fantastic move by the Coogs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

I am just glad he didn't got to ASU, which I was worried about.

I think it will be cool having Leach in the Pac-12. I think he wanted the Arizona job bad though.

Pullman. Uggh.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned