News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Testing Firefox

Started by lustindarkness, March 07, 2011, 12:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I'm confused by this notion of each tab containing the URL bar.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

I'm going to try out the Android version of Firefox.  I'm dubious that it's 3x faster than the stock Android browser, as has been claimed, but can't hurt to try.  Chances are I'll like it enough to keep it installed but not enough to be my full-time browser, and I'll end up with 3 damned browsers on my phone :rolleyes:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Norgy

After testing a few browsers, I've come to the conclusion that Opera is fast and relatively easy to use, FF is a bit buggy but has lots of great plugins, IE is fast, but still old-fashioned and that I just don't like Chrome.
Safari's W3 compliant to a large degree, but I still don't like it.

It's all down to personal choice, really. Security-wise, none are perfect, but FF/Mozilla publish their security loopholes online. One might question the wisdom of this, as FF users probably are no more advanced or aware than others.

Darth Wagtaros

I installed FF 4 after some update on version 3 nuked it.  I'm not sure i like it.
PDH!