News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

McNulty reminds me of him a little.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 23, 2013, 09:29:36 AM
I will watch Fast & Furious 6 tonight. I can go ahead and review it now:
Lots of unreal action, fast cars and chick fights. Beyond stupid dialog and a surprise hook at the credits for the next movie. It will entertain me and just what I need right now, mindless action.
Ah, there, you just spoiled the movie for me :(  I was so looking forward to that complex&twisted plot.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on May 23, 2013, 02:51:10 PM
Lots of unreal action, fast cars and chick fights. Beyond stupid dialog and a surprise hook at the credits for the next movie. It will entertain me and just what I need right now, mindless action.
Ah, there, you just spoiled the movie for me :(  I was so looking forward to that complex&twisted plot.

I dunno, they generally manage to twist the plots to make car races(as opposed to chases) somehow relevant to anything.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Oh, I'M not saying they're bad, far from it.  All the movies with Vin Diesel were good, for the blockbuster type :)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Moving this to its rightful place

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2013, 09:28:52 PM
Quote from: DGuller on May 22, 2013, 09:28:06 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2013, 09:25:29 PM
Oh, and Detective Benson is in a fucking world of hurt now.
Why, what happened?

Tune in next week for Part II!

I gotta say not so excited by an [spoiler]Olivia could be raped story. Didn't we already do this before? Also, would crazy ass Benson really just say hello and look around for someone without her gun out? In fact, I feel like earlier in the series there was someone in her apartment and she pulled a gun and it turned out to be someone that was friendly.[/spoiler]

That said I feel like most recently, SVU has a few good creepy stories. Good making up for losing Stabler.

Still I think my favorite episode is Spiraling Down from Season 13. Both times I watched that episode it made me cry.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 23, 2013, 07:13:16 PM
I gotta say not so excited by an [spoiler]Olivia could be raped story. Didn't we already do this before? Also, would crazy ass Benson really just say hello and look around for someone without her gun out? In fact, I feel like earlier in the series there was someone in her apartment and she pulled a gun and it turned out to be someone that was friendly.[/spoiler]

I'm not sure it's going to go the way it looked like it was at the end of the episode, but who knows, they're gonna need to fill another hour.  This guy's a bad cat.  [spoiler]Does Cassidy have a key to her place?[/spoiler]

QuoteThat said I feel like most recently, SVU has a few good creepy stories. Good making up for losing Stabler.

I agree;  I think they've done some good work recently, storyline-wise.  Personally, I'm glad they've been giving Andre Braugher increasingly substantial work.  Such a great actor.

But I do so miss Stabler  :(, even though Goren from CI is my all-time fave-rave TV detective. After Frank Pembleton, of course.

QuoteStill I think my favorite episode is Spiraling Down from Season 13. Both times I watched that episode it made me cry.

Yeah, that was definitely one of their most powerful stories the last couple years.  I kinda liked the Patricia Arquette episode from earlier this year, that was a feel-good intervention tear-jerker kinda ending.

Ed Anger

I like the episodes of SVU where it is a Eastern European woman being the victim.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

That movie is holding surprisingly steady.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Seedy should be proud of the Diesel man.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2013, 07:57:20 PM
[spoiler]Does Cassidy have a key to her place?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yes, I thought about that being a potential ending especially given that we started out with them hanging out[/spoiler]

I agree;  I think they've done some good work recently, storyline-wise.  Personally, I'm glad they've been giving Andre Braugher increasingly substantial work.  Such a great actor.

Yeah definitely. And yeah it helps in the episode I mentioned that he plays a prominent role.

Yeah, that was definitely one of their most powerful stories the last couple years.  I kinda liked the Patricia Arquette episode from earlier this year, that was a feel-good intervention tear-jerker kinda ending.

Oh I cried in a cheap way for that one too. Not the same [spoiler]because it didn't involve dementia and I think all mental diseases, given a family history, have a soft spot for me[/spoiler] but that one worked too.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 23, 2013, 08:07:16 PM
I like the episodes of SVU where it is a Eastern European woman being the victim.

Oh see, that's so tawdry and obvious that it is like water off a duck's back. :D

CountDeMoney

QuoteActor Steve Forrest, best known as the star of the 1970s action drama "S.W.A.T.," has died.

Forrest passed away at his home in Thousand Oaks on Saturday, his family announced. He was 87.

"S.W.A.T.," which aired on ABC for two seasons in 1975 and 1976, was a spinoff of the Aaron Spelling and Leonard Goldberg-produced series "The Rookies." Forrest played Lt. "Hondo" Harrelson, the tough-yet-tender leader of the S.W.A.T. team in a Southern California city. He was best known for his catchphrase, "Let's roll."

Born as William Andrews in Huntsville, Texas, Forrest served in the Army during World War II and fought in the Battle of the Bulge before attending college at UCLA. He was the younger brother of actor Dana Andrews, who starred in "Laura" and "The Best Years of Our Lives."

Forrest's acting career began with a series of uncredited roles in the early 1940s, in such films as "Sealed Cargo" and "The Ghost Ship." He was later discovered by Gregory Peck while performing in a play at the La Jolla Playhouse and given a sceen test. He went on to make appearances in multiple movies and TV shows, including many westerns such as "Gunsmoke," "Bonanza" and "The High Chaparral."

He also appeared in "Mommie Dearest," "North Dallas Forty" and "The Longest Day."

In his later years, he was able to spoof his tough guy image in the John Landis-directed comedies "Spies Like Us" and "Amazon Women on the Moon." Forrest's last screen credit was a cameo in the big-screen version of "S.W.A.T." in 2003.

In memory of Steve, the 2nd greatest TV credits/intro theme song ever:

http://youtu.be/phBoyoPC1Bc

11B4V

11B4V

Managed to get a watch of a favorite in on Tuesday.

Soylent Green

viper37

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2013, 08:49:39 PM
In memory of Steve, the 2nd greatest TV credits/intro theme song ever:

http://youtu.be/phBoyoPC1Bc
What's the first, Hawaii 5-0?