News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Syt on July 20, 2022, 11:02:32 AMI see it as an attempt to "buy happiness" and fill the void that Kim left behind. It's a bit of a surprise that he has this kind of mansion, but then again I'm struggling to think what else would fit with his Saul Goodman ego that he's fully adopted now. It's a bit unclear how much time passed before we see him in the final scene, but I'd expect it to be probably a year at least.

Yeah...I definitely get that idea...I just don't see Saul's style as Greco-Roman hedonism.  :P

But on Kim...interesting that it was super vague on how she left/exited (other than that she was doing so).  Makes me even more convinced that they'll tie her into a "sequel" scene (which I've noticed they've very much avoided more of those future scenes during the last several episodes) towards the close, and end the series in the timeline's future.

The Larch

Did we have a specific thread for this? In any case, here's the latest trailer for HBO's "Game of Thrones" spin-off show "House of the Dragon".

Zoupa

Does anyone still care about this stuff?

I think lots of people will have moved on from Westeros. And I don't see anything of what made the first few seasons of GoT great in that trailer.

Tonitrus

They're not going to show boobies and incest in the trailer.  :rolleyes:

The Brain

When the IP holders hate their own IP I find it hard to summon any enthusiasm for it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: Zoupa on July 20, 2022, 02:35:59 PMDoes anyone still care about this stuff?

I think lots of people will have moved on from Westeros. And I don't see anything of what made the first few seasons of GoT great in that trailer.
I do.  I want to see it.  It might be good, it might be bad, but I'll decide on my own after seeing it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Larch

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 20, 2022, 02:41:50 PMThey're not going to show boobies and incest in the trailer.  :rolleyes:

They didn't even show boobies or incest past the first few seasons.  :P

Personally, I'm a sucker for fantasy and the world of A Song of Ice and Fire is amongst my favourite universes. I will watch this for sure, hoping that they've learned their lesson from the rushed ending of the original show. Not being super familiar with the original material also helps, I think.

viper37

Quote from: The Larch on July 20, 2022, 04:47:34 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on July 20, 2022, 02:41:50 PMThey're not going to show boobies and incest in the trailer.  :rolleyes:

hoping that they've learned their lesson from the rushed ending of the original show.
we won't know until 6-7 years from now. ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Larch

Quote from: viper37 on July 20, 2022, 05:02:57 PM

hoping that they've learned their lesson from the rushed ending of the original show.

Don't know what they plan to do with this show, but I doubt it'll last as much as the original one.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on July 20, 2022, 04:47:34 PMThey didn't even show boobies or incest past the first few seasons.  :P

They showed top shelf boobs when Daenaryis was dicking around on Easteros.

Habbaku

Quote from: The Larch on July 20, 2022, 05:08:36 PM

Don't know what they plan to do with this show, but I doubt it'll last as much as the original one.

Seems most likely from the source material that the show will get 3, maybe 4 seasons tops.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Larch

Quote from: Habbaku on July 20, 2022, 05:29:36 PM
Quote from: The Larch on July 20, 2022, 05:08:36 PM

Seems most likely from the source material that the show will get 3, maybe 4 seasons tops.

Hope it's just 3, then. They should keep it short.

HVC

The dance of the dragons was entertaining enough in the books. Show might be good.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Habbaku

I have good hopes that the show's actually going to be good and, yes, likely only 3 seasons given the source material. The showrunners are the most talented of the old GOT crew and they were given plenty of funding to work with. The acting talent is also up there, so they aren't lacking for any of the requirements to make a great show.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Funnily, I haven't read the book - it came out when my Song of Fire & Ice frenzy was beginning to wane. Should get that done quick before the show hits.