News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on December 27, 2020, 07:23:10 PM
Hey Cel, are you watching Alex de la Iglesia's "30 monedas"? I binged it this weekend to get up to date and I'm loving it.

It's on my queue, lots of stuff I have to catch up with... But I certainly have to, Megan Montaner  :wub:

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on December 28, 2020, 03:21:43 AM
Quote from: The Larch on December 27, 2020, 07:23:10 PM
Hey Cel, are you watching Alex de la Iglesia's "30 monedas"? I binged it this weekend to get up to date and I'm loving it.

It's on my queue, lots of stuff I have to catch up with... But I certainly have to, Megan Montaner  :wub:

Damn she's hawt. For some reason, the scarier the scene is, the more noticeable her bust is.  :lol: Or maybe it's just me... :unsure:

The show is very good, though, and I'd say that scarier than usual for de la Iglesia's usual fare. I'd encourage you to give it a shot. The first 2-3 episodes can be watched a bit on their own, with a "mistery of the day" kind of feel, so you can watch them leisurely without worrying too much for the overall plot of the show, that is revealed much more after the 4th episode.

Maladict

Quote from: celedhring on December 22, 2020, 04:52:57 AM
Quote from: Maladict on December 22, 2020, 04:51:37 AM
Finished Barry S1, it's pretty funny. Should I quit now or continue?

Continue. It's a great show.

Thanks. It is.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 28, 2020, 03:18:15 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 26, 2020, 10:01:45 AM
The Midnight Sky is an awful lot like Gravity.

Pretty lame movie.

It has the single most annoying ending I've seen in a fair few years.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: mongers on December 28, 2020, 09:41:31 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 28, 2020, 03:18:15 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 26, 2020, 10:01:45 AM
The Midnight Sky is an awful lot like Gravity.

Pretty lame movie.

It has the single most annoying ending I've seen in a fair few years.
Watch Gravity Falls instead.  It is awesome.
PDH!

Syt

Watched the first two seasons of GLOW. It's eerie how much they nail the 80s look and feel.

Really enjoyed it, esp. since I love wrestling backstage mechanics and machinations. Marc Maron as Sam Sylvia is awesome, and I'm kind of awed that the ladies did the wrestling all themselves. Seeing Alison Brie get suplexed is weird. :D Obviously, the acting and wrestling is significantly better than original GLOW ever was. Also, some of the wrestling looks decidedly too "modern" and technical for the mid-80s. But I love the cast, lots of good chemistry there.

Also, this is now 3 shows in a row that I watch that have Marc Evan Jackson in it (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Good Place, and now this). :hmm:

Not sure whether to watch season 3. I read that the quality goes down a fair bit, and it doesn't really come to a satisfying conclusion. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on December 29, 2020, 08:31:57 AM
Also, this is now 3 shows in a row that I watch that have Marc Evan Jackson in it (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Good Place, and now this). :hmm:
They should have hired Jason Mantzoukas too <_< :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 29, 2020, 08:34:24 AM
They should have hired Jason Mantzoukas too <_< :lol:

I think he would have been too intense for GLOW. I love him, but he's a bit, uhm, limited in his expected range. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

Not sure whether to watch season 3. I read that the quality goes down a fair bit, and it doesn't really come to a satisfying conclusion. :unsure:

S3 is...fine.  If you enjoy the characters I think it's worth watching, but it does get a bit more aimless.  The ending isn't, that's true.

celedhring

Yeah, I kinda hate watching cancelled shows for that reason.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on December 29, 2020, 08:45:05 AM

It depends on the show. Some unrenewed shows can stand on their own after cancellation. Obviously this works best for episodic shows with no or not much of an arc.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: frunk on December 29, 2020, 08:42:01 AM

S3 is...fine.  If you enjoy the characters I think it's worth watching, but it does get a bit more aimless.  The ending isn't, that's true.

Thanks, I will probably do that - it's not that many episodes, after all. Bit of a shame, though.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on December 29, 2020, 08:51:04 AM
Quote from: celedhring on December 29, 2020, 08:45:05 AM

It depends on the show. Some unrenewed shows can stand on their own after cancellation. Obviously this works best for episodic shows with no or not much of an arc.

Still haven't gotten over the D&D kids never making it back home*

*Except in one car commercial

The Brain

I started on Boardwalk Empire, have watched around half of season 1 so far. I like it. Nice costumes, nice characters and pace. Not a fan of the title sequence but no biggie. Decent amount of indecent stuff (but people wanting male nudity are kinda just thrown scraps so far). Oh, and the thought of Harding being an extremely poor president... 2010 truly was an age of innocence. :wistful:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Mortal engines - cool silly steam punky setting. But man is this film completely by the book and totally undeveloped. You could see where it was going a mile away.
The shrike particularly annoyed as I just finished reading rise of edymion.
██████
██████
██████