News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Other than having POTUS as a major character, the two are nothing alike.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 13, 2020, 10:51:15 AM
Other than having POTUS as a major character, the two are nothing alike.
No kidding.

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Sheilbh

I don't know I kind of get it and agree with mongers - if you have that sense already I'd stop now. It doesn't change.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 13, 2020, 12:13:00 PM
I don't know I kind of get it and agree with mongers - if you have that sense already I'd stop now. It doesn't change.

Thanks Self, I'll go with your advice. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

I agree that it's not worth watching, but it's not trying to be West Wing.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Barrister on December 12, 2020, 02:03:44 AM
Quote from: Berkut on December 12, 2020, 01:39:23 AM
If one had a very cursory experience with the Marvel universe, say they've watched maybe 1/3rd of the movies in no particular order or appreciation that they actually link up, and wanted to actually watch ALL of the movies...would it be best to watch in release order, or chronological order?

The only ones I can think of that don't go in release order are Captain Marvel (set in the 90s) and Captain America: The First Avenger (set in the 40s).  Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think so.  Edit: oh Ant Man and the Wasp is set slightly before Infinity War even if released after.

If you wanted to watch all of the movies (and they're good, but a couple are easily skippable *Cough Thor 2*), I'd go release order.

I think disney+ has the option to let you watch them chronologically. Should you decide to go that route

Syt

So that 2018 Robin Hood movie is going for an interesting look ...

Thread: https://twitter.com/erik_kaars/status/1337829177454682112
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

I thought it might be a symbolist/theatrical version like the film of Titus Andronicus:

Or Coriolanus:

But then I clicked on the link and apparently no - it's straight up Medieval :blink: :huh: :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Is that a serious condition?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on December 13, 2020, 10:17:24 AM
Is 'Designated Survivor' worth persevering with?

Three episodes in and I'm finding it OK, but with somewhat two-dimensional characters and strikes me as a 'West Wing' lite with conspiracy elements.

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it.  I recommend getting out now.

Eddie Teach

Alice in Borderland. The author of this would probably call Lewis Carroll a "normie". Prepare for lots of deaths.

Syt

Quote from: Syt on December 11, 2020, 08:14:26 AM
Remember the dinosaur sandbox survival game Ark: Survival Evolved?

Yeah, it's getting a series with a ... big name cast

Apparently Vin Diesel will also star in the sequel.

Meanwhile, 2D side scrolling horror game Detention, set in a Taiwanese high school in the 60s during martial law is now as a show on Netflix.

These media crossovers are breaking my brain.

On that topic:

https://www.pcgamer.com/vin-diesel-isnt-just-starring-in-ark-2-hes-also-working-on-the-game/

QuoteVin Diesel isn't just starring in Ark 2, he's also working on the game

Diesel is now Studio Wildcard's 'President of Creative Convergence' and executive producer of Ark 2.

We recently got our first look at Ark 2, the sequel to the popular GPU-straining dino-survival game Ark: Survival Evolved. The extensive cinematic trailer for Ark 2 shown at The Game Awards was a surprise for several reasons, but mostly because Vin Diesel was in it.

It turns out that the Fast and Furious series star isn't just lending his looks, voice, and motion-captured dino-slaying moves to Ark 2. Diesel is actually working on the game itself.

According to a press release sent to PC Gamer, Vin Diesel has joined Studio Wildcard as an executive producer on Ark 2, and is also serving as an executive producer on the Ark animated series coming in 2022. This dual role could explain his new title: Diesel is now Studio Wildcard's "President of Creative Convergence." :lol:

I gotta tip my hat: that is one heck of a title. And I also have to believe it's not just a title. Diesel is reportedly a longtime Ark player, having logged thousands of hours in the dinosaur survival game. "He understands the game intimately and is providing direct feedback to the development process," says Studio Wildcard. Heck, Diesel is already hard at work reporting bugs in Ark:

https://twitter.com/survivetheark/status/1337229732035891201?s=20

Studio Wildcard hasn't announced a release date for Ark 2 (other than that it's coming in 2022), and we don't know exactly how Diesel's character, Santiago, who is described as a "24th-century 'Mek'-pilot, gearhead, & freedom-fighter," will fit into the online multiplayer game.

:nerd:

You could say it's his ... pet project. :cool:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

'Ronin' what a great film, only previously watch it years ago, so could only remember bits of the Arles amphitheatre scene.

Great performances, especially from Jonathan Pryce as a villain and a great Frankenheimer film for the director to all but bow-out* on.
The car chases weren't bad either.

* I thing he only made one more film?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

My theory with Ronin is that in the scene where one of the cars crashes into a restaurant that was an actual accident because the standins at the tables look legit terrified  :lol:

Great little film. Pity that the film Frankenheimer indeed bowed out on was the truly awful Reindeer Games.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.