News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Zoupa on February 27, 2019, 07:34:10 PM
This whole thing is so goddamn retarded. The trailer looks like any other comic movie trailer. The actress is gorgeous.

The reviews have been very positive and I intend to see it asap.

Yeah, though in my case more of a reason not to bother seeing it.

Tamas

No kidding. I am so utterly tired of these children's movies. Annoying incels is great but I won't watch it even then.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on February 28, 2019, 11:59:11 AM
No kidding. I am so utterly tired of these children's movies. Annoying incels is great but I won't watch it even then.

I don't know, annoying incels seems to be worth the price of a movie.

The Brain

If I want to watch annoying incels I can just go online.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on February 28, 2019, 01:12:10 PM
If I want to watch annoying incels I can just go online.

If you want to watch incels, you have bigger problems.

Josephus

Incels ... people who can't get laid and spend most of their time on Internet Forums, right?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Finally watched Spectre last night.  I thought it was crap.  They made closed circuit TV the bad guy??  That's as bad as Rupert Murdoch.  Action scenes were painfully bad.  Airplane chasing SUVs down a ski slope was laughably bad.  Bleh.  Stick a fork in this corpse.

Josquius

Isn't it romantic - Rebel Wilson gets trapped in a romcom. Fun film. Spent the whole thing going "isnt that Thor? No.... Kind of.... It is! No...."
Though I remember a recent Crazy Ex Girlfriend episode did exactly the same thing with the same jokes. Wonder which was first 🤔
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Apparently a guy has access to some of the original Lightwave scenes from Babylon 5 and is re-rendering them in Full HD:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtNtUIbU5zDuTq_BJ7xj_MA
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on March 01, 2019, 03:44:35 AM
Apparently a guy has access to some of the original Lightwave scenes from Babylon 5 and is re-rendering them in Full HD:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtNtUIbU5zDuTq_BJ7xj_MA

Blu-ray re-release coming soon? :mmm: :nerd:

celedhring

I'm not sure they look better in HD... it makes the lack of detail and textures more glaring. At least the blurriness of the original release can mask the shitty SFX a bit  :lol:

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on March 01, 2019, 06:59:29 AM
I'm not sure they look better in HD... it makes the lack of detail and textures more glaring. At least the blurriness of the original release can mask the shitty SFX a bit  :lol:

Yeah, it does look a bit more like what now days would be a basic effort by a design student.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Well, the good(?) thing about those effects...is if someone were to ever care (and they likely won't, because $$$)...they could simply replace all of the CGI scenes in their entirety, and much improve the product.

But unless the whole of the episodes were in HD, probably not worth the effort.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 01, 2019, 10:44:03 AM
Well, the good(?) thing about those effects...is if someone were to ever care (and they likely won't, because $$$)...they could simply replace all of the CGI scenes in their entirety, and much improve the product.

But unless the whole of the episodes were in HD, probably not worth the effort.

It was done for Star Trek TNG, so it's feasible. Expensive but feasible.
The rest of the show was shot on 35 mm film so it's perfect for HD or even 4K. The latter being extremely unlikely though.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on February 28, 2019, 03:01:30 PM
Incels ... people who can't get laid and spend most of their time on Internet Forums, right?

Also mysonigist assholes that havent yet found religion.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.