News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 06, 2012, 10:28:05 PM
I'm watching How It's Made. God help me.

Imagine being stuck in bed and your Tv remote goes nuts and it is left on a How its Made marathon.

I HAVE BEEN THROUGH HELL.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 07, 2012, 09:03:54 AM

Imagine being stuck in bed and your Tv remote goes nuts and it is left on a How its Made marathon.

I hope you are getting the support and help you need.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on February 07, 2012, 10:15:08 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 07, 2012, 09:03:54 AM

I hope you are getting the support and help you need.

I was well compensated.  :)

Gups

Breaking Bad is awesome. And virtually unknown on this side of the pond.

Ed Anger

Moar Doomsday Preppers. Even more hilarity.

Funniest group was the nice lefty lady in New England awaiting a New Madrid superquake and a break down of food supply. Loads of natural foods, but no way to protect her stuff. Guns don't fit her "ethics".

LOLZ.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 08, 2012, 08:30:30 AM
Funniest group was the nice lefty lady in New England awaiting a New Madrid superquake and a break down of food supply. Loads of natural foods, but no way to protect her stuff. Guns don't fit her "ethics".

"I'll be relieving you of your bottled water, MREs and dried legumes now, thank you."

Tonitrus

"Farewell to the King'

Probably Milius's best movie ("The Wind and the Lion" being a close second, "Conan" a close third), and best argument that he was underrated/underused as a director.

And almost certainly Nick Nolte's best role.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 09, 2012, 04:29:37 PM
"Farewell to the King'

Probably Milius's best movie ("The Wind and the Lion" being a close second, "Conan" a close third), and best argument that he was underrated/underused as a director.

And almost certainly Nick Nolte's best role.

Yeah, that's been making the cable circuit recently.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the new Willem Dafoe movie, The Hunter.

Liep

Just watched Source Code, a decent thriller with a fun premise but a too predictable ending.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Going to show my wife and one of her friends KISS Phantom of the Park. I will unleash the horror of the 70's tonight.

CountDeMoney

Finally got around to The Adjustment Bureau;  it's no Gattaca, but a fine pic on the triumph of the human spirit.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 10, 2012, 09:01:11 PM
Going to show my wife and one of her friends KISS Phantom of the Park. I will unleash the horror of the 70's tonight.
Is it better than KISS Saves Christmas?
PDH!

Ideologue

Quote from: Liep on February 10, 2012, 08:55:10 PM
Just watched Source Code, a decent thriller with a fun premise but a too predictable ending.

The protagonist effectively murdering an innocent man, wearing his skin, and raping by fraud his romantic interest is predictable?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Liep

Quote from: Ideologue on February 10, 2012, 10:17:51 PM
Quote from: Liep on February 10, 2012, 08:55:10 PM

The protagonist effectively murdering an innocent man, wearing his skin, and raping by fraud his romantic interest is predictable?

Not from the beginning, no. :P

So yeah, not romcom predictable, but still too predictable for a thriller.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ideologue

Well, I will say it's no Moon. :(

I hope Mute comes out soon.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)