News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Ideologue on January 30, 2016, 06:45:15 PM
What I liked the most about the last episode was that [spoiler]Walt finally took Jesse's advice and built a robot[/spoiler].

Nice  :lol:  :cheers:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on January 30, 2016, 06:43:45 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 30, 2016, 06:31:42 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 30, 2016, 03:53:32 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on January 30, 2016, 03:39:45 AM
A thoroughly despicable character

Spoken like somebody who doesn't like The Godfather.  ;)

Walt is pretty sympathetic at first, but he does test the depths pretty extensively. I don't think he's ever completely rotten though.

I like The Godfather but could never get into Breaking Bad. I didn't find Walt sympathetic at all.
It's a pretty deep show so some won't get it.

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

finally in the end  helping the only family he had left, Jesse.

Eh, you do remember the scene at Gretchen and Elliott's house?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on January 30, 2016, 06:18:36 PM
my Indiana Jones-hating, Star Wars-deriding girlfriend

You will never fucking learn.

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 30, 2016, 07:02:35 PM
finally in the end  helping the only family he had left, Jesse.

Eh, you do remember the scene at Gretchen and Elliott's house?

Yes
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

I wonder what the story arc will be of the new Deadwood movie.

Admiral Yi

The Entourage movie seems to have gone out with a whimper.  I'm always a little surprised when movies that get advertised on TV totally fail at the box office.

Admiral Yi

Just watched The Imitation Game.

If you already know the Ultra story, and that Turing was gay, this movie doesn't add very much.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 30, 2016, 11:52:04 PM
Just watched The Imitation Game.

If you already know the Ultra story, and that Turing was gay, this movie doesn't add very much.

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty predictable Oscar bait flick. They also gloss over the most dramatic part of his life, when he is led to suicide.

The Brain

The law isn't a smorgasbord where you can pick and choose which ones to obey.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

"Time after Time" (loved that film as a kid), series in the works.

http://www.blastr.com/2016-1-29/abc-orders-pilot-hg-wells-time-travel-series-time-after-time

Would feel better about it if it was some cable/VOD platform doing it instead of ABC, but well. I hope it's not some shitty procedural where the guy can travel in time.

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on January 30, 2016, 06:31:42 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 30, 2016, 03:53:32 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on January 30, 2016, 03:39:45 AM
A thoroughly despicable character

Spoken like somebody who doesn't like The Godfather.  ;)

Walt is pretty sympathetic at first, but he does test the depths pretty extensively. I don't think he's ever completely rotten though.

I like The Godfather but could never get into Breaking Bad. I didn't find Walt sympathetic at all.

Same for me, couldn't get past the 2nd season.

Josquius

Turbo Kid- A science fiction film from 2015. In the dark post-apocalyptic future of 1997 the BMX is king....wait what?
A very bloody 80s style film.
Its interesting that this 80s style is so popular lately. I have always had a bit of a fascination with this kind of very 80s lost world stuff....I can't quite put it into words. It increasingly seems I'm really not alone.
Its amusing.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on January 31, 2016, 10:42:32 AM
Turbo Kid- A science fiction film from 2015. In the dark post-apocalyptic future of 1997 the BMX is king....wait what?
A very bloody 80s style film.
Its interesting that this 80s style is so popular lately. I have always had a bit of a fascination with this kind of very 80s lost world stuff....I can't quite put it into words. It increasingly seems I'm really not alone.
Its amusing.

People that were in their teens during the 80s are now in their 40s, and have become gatekeepers.

celedhring