And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 12, 2014, 08:27:52 PM
:lol: [spoiler] Carol, you motherfucking Green Beanie![/spoiler]

[spoiler]Indeed, I think that episode made Carol the most awesome character on the show now.  :)

But....boy, that escalated, and ended, quickly.  Though there are bound to be some Terminus survivors.  But that beginning/end segue-way, with the people who originally brutalized the Termites...means the gang-rapers may show up later.

[/spoiler]

celedhring

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 12, 2014, 08:19:06 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 12, 2014, 08:02:23 PM
FOUR MINUTES, PEOPLE

[spoiler]I hope they eat Eugene.[/spoiler]

They should give him an axe.

He should be careful with it.

Liep

The new big Danish television series '1864' about the Prussian pounding of the Danes at Dybbel mølle. A permanent scar on the Danish psyche and as such still a matter of debate in the current political landscape and the right haven't been late to denounce this as political manipulation and a character assassination of our great political father D.G. Monrad.

It is of course neither, it is very beautifully filmed though and I'll definitely be following it. I doubt, however, that this'll be big in the rest of Europe like many of the channel's previous series, even if 'Borgen' stars Sidse Babett Knudsen, Lars Mikkelsen and Pilou Asbæk are prominent in the cast.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Sony's Crackle streaming service gets in the original feature race by ordering... a Joe Dirt sequel.  :huh:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/13/crackle-joe-dirt/

Josephus

Quote from: celedhring on October 13, 2014, 03:07:14 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 12, 2014, 08:19:06 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 12, 2014, 08:02:23 PM
FOUR MINUTES, PEOPLE

[spoiler]I hope they eat Eugene.[/spoiler]

They should give him an axe.

He should be careful with it.

Very good...can't believe this Floyd fan missed that.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

lustindarkness

TWD season started with a bang.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 13, 2014, 12:26:29 AM
[spoiler]But that beginning/end segue-way, with the people who originally brutalized the Termites...means the gang-rapers may show up later.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
I don't think so.  I think it was pretty much just back story, hence the "Then" and "Now";  after all, the said they took Terminus back.  I'm betting that's how they started cannibalizing, by eating guys like Box Car Rapist. 

So I don't think the original gang-rapers need to show up, what with so many gang-rapers around in the present day.  :lol:

I would go back to Terminus for all that extra AK-47 ammo, though.  It's not like you're behind Soviet lines and can just find it everywhere if you're not in the greater Cincinnati area.

And can we finally get the fuck out of Georgia?  After looting a few Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops and finding an Airstream, my ass would've headed straight for Yellowstone eons ago.[/spoiler]

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on October 13, 2014, 03:27:35 AM
The new big Danish television series '1864' about the Prussian pounding of the Danes at Dybbel mølle. A permanent scar on the Danish psyche and as such still a matter of debate in the current political landscape and the right haven't been late to denounce this as political manipulation and a character assassination of our great political father D.G. Monrad.

It is of course neither, it is very beautifully filmed though and I'll definitely be following it. I doubt, however, that this'll be big in the rest of Europe like many of the channel's previous series, even if 'Borgen' stars Sidse Babett Knudsen, Lars Mikkelsen and Pilou Asbæk are prominent in the cast.

That would be pretty interesting to watch, assuming it shows some battle scenes and isn't just some romantic drama using that event as a setting :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

TWD: [spoiler]I sure hope they go back to Terminus to gather stuff and weapons, and make sure there are no survivors of course.[/spoiler]

I found the episode too short, left me wanting more, I could have watched a 3 hour episode. I guess a result from the long wait for the season to start.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ideologue

Where the hell is Savonarola?  I wanted to fight about Cat and the Canary. :angry:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Liep

Quote from: derspiess on October 13, 2014, 09:46:38 AM
Quote from: Liep on October 13, 2014, 03:27:35 AM

That would be pretty interesting to watch, assuming it shows some battle scenes and isn't just some romantic drama using that event as a setting :P

It's the most expensive Danish series ever made, iirc, and they promise plenty of battles.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Walking Dead, yay :

[spoiler]
*I really didn't like the way things went down at the start. So the main characters just sit there awaiting their fate whilst the bad guys move down the line killing extras. In the nick of time Glen is saved. Walking Dead does this way too much, killing red shirts and giving main characters lucky reprives. Major realism breaker.
*Even closer to the start- I was wondering; I know nothing about flash bangs but do they have much of a conventional explosive charge in them? Would would have happened if the soldier guy had jumped on it?
*The way they were just executing the people willy nilly....Won't they turn? Is a head bash before death enough to stop turning?...why didn't the cannibals in the game consider that one?
*How did Carol and Tyrese know Carl and Meshon were taken? I can't remember that from last series.
*Shit Carol is becoming more and more of a badass. Despite being covered in poo.
*Crazy tatooed box guy- wtf? Wonder why they kept him so long and if the tatooing was their doing...maybe they just scooped him up that way of course.
*Scene with all the personal items in the warehouse was very Naziesque.
*A bit coincidental they all meet up so neatly in the woods...
*All in all a great episode. Though a bit of a shame that's the end of that so quickly.
*Weird after the credits black guy is what?

edit- oh, and that scene at the end of the episode with the flashback of Terminus. I bet we will see a Terminus guy come back in the future for an emo episode.  I think the main purpose of that scene was to point out how badass our guys have been and how that means they're on the same dark downwards path.
[/spoiler]
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on October 13, 2014, 02:13:33 PM
Where the hell is Savonarola?  I wanted to fight about Cat and the Canary. :angry:

and ?

given that it's no longer catWOMAN and BLACK canary
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on October 13, 2014, 02:36:06 PM
Walking Dead, yay :

[spoiler]
*I really didn't like the way things went down at the start. So the main characters just sit there awaiting their fate whilst the bad guys move down the line killing extras. In the nick of time Glen is saved. Walking Dead does this way too much, killing red shirts and giving main characters lucky reprives. Major realism breaker.
*Even closer to the start- I was wondering; I know nothing about flash bangs but do they have much of a conventional explosive charge in them? Would would have happened if the soldier guy had jumped on it?
*The way they were just executing the people willy nilly....Won't they turn? Is a head bash before death enough to stop turning?...why didn't the cannibals in the game consider that one?
*How did Carol and Tyrese know Carl and Meshon were taken? I can't remember that from last series.
*Shit Carol is becoming more and more of a badass. Despite being covered in poo.
*Crazy tatooed box guy- wtf? Wonder why they kept him so long and if the tatooing was their doing...maybe they just scooped him up that way of course.
*Scene with all the personal items in the warehouse was very Naziesque.
*A bit coincidental they all meet up so neatly in the woods...
*All in all a great episode. Though a bit of a shame that's the end of that so quickly.
*Weird after the credits black guy is what?
[/spoiler]
Re: Tyr's points. [spoiler] Yes..there was no suspense at all when they're all lying at the trough. You knew our guys would be rescued somehowFirst guy whacked at the trough was Hippy Sam, the guy from last season.Remember him and his hippy girlfreind in the episode Rick abandons Carol?  Nice catch on the Nazi thing. I noticed that too. That and the cattle car...an obvious allusion to Nazism. Crazy tatooed guy, apparently was one of the rapists...but wouldn't he e among the first killed?

My beef with the show...well not a beef really. I thought more of the season would take place at Terminus. They built it up all last season and wham...it's gone in one episode. Thought TAsha Yar would be a regular. [/spoiler]
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Vike: Is that that dumb TV show with Bat-villains and no Bat-Man that will almost certainly fail?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)