Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Not worth critiquing on Languish.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

celedhring

Well, the assassin in ep 20 of Arrow's first season is blatantly channeling Jubal Early.

Ideologue

The Firefly character or the Confederate general?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Aww, Christopher Meloni on Veep!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

Quote from: Ideologue on May 12, 2014, 07:33:52 PM
The Firefly character or the Confederate general?

The Firefly character.

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 12, 2014, 11:08:06 PM
Fastest TV adaption ever? :hmm:

http://www.slashfilm.com/frozen-once-upon-a-time/

Heh, I just watched Frozen the other night with the kid. I liked it well enough, thought it a very typical classic Disney production. Some great sequences - I liked the part where the queen makes her ice castle to a snappy musical number.

Then I read somewhere that it was the highest grossing animated movie of all time. WTF?!  :unsure:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

I'm avoiding seeing that thing, the soundtrack is annoying me enough just through hearing it in passing on TV.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on May 13, 2014, 09:55:15 AM
I'm avoiding seeing that thing, the soundtrack is annoying me enough just through hearing it in passing on TV.

I am confused to the response to that song Let It Go. Just sounds like standard fare.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Yeah.  I have a Pandora station for the kids when we're in the car and it seems like every 4th song is from that movie :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

I've been watching Star Wars: Clone Wars on Netflix.  Quite surprised how good it is (though not to get too excited - it's still just a kids cartoon).  It's also useful as something I can put on tv but don't have to pay 100% attention to, if I'm say feeding baby or something.  It's a show I was aware of, but didn't really know much about.

But the other night I turned on an episode and thought to myself:

"The voice of that villain... it sounds like... nah, it couldn't be..." *quickly googles*

George Takei.

In Star Wars.

Mind. Blown.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

It has some really good storylines. I especially liked the "General Krell" story over three or four episodes in Season 4, and the "betrayal" one at the end of the Season 5 TV run (a few missing episodes will come out later this year). Also, the production quality increases from Season 2 to 3, I think, with a lot of old models getting replaced with more detailed ones. I thought Season 2, with its re-hash of B-movies was relatively weak (except the Seven Samurai hommage), but stuff like Landing at Point Rain was pretty neat.

It has me cautiously optimistic for the "Rebels" series that's coming out.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on May 13, 2014, 09:56:25 AM

I am confused to the response to that song Let It Go. Just sounds like standard fare.

If the "standard" is early 90s Disney musical super-hits, then that may answer your own question.
Kinemalogue