News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

I'm the guy speaking loudly when the movie ends reminding the people that are leaving that there are still TWO end of credits scenes to go.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

katmai

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 04, 2014, 04:15:07 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 04, 2014, 03:57:06 PM
At theater being one of those annoying people on cell waiting for Captain America to start.

I am the guy throwing popcorn at the back of your head.
at least your gigantic noggin ain't blocking my view By being in front of me.

And only was on phone till previews started. :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

You people are why I can't enjoy going to the movies.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 04, 2014, 06:34:27 PM
that and no handicap access.

Sorry, but it was right there  :blush:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ideologue

Humbug.  I'm getting screwed out of going to go see Cap again.  Wanted to see the preview last night.

I resolve to see a matinee tomorrow.  Might as well, actually, since I've got to go see Grand Budapest Hotel (hooray!) anyway.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on April 04, 2014, 06:36:33 PM

No darkies allowed.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 04, 2014, 06:41:25 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 04, 2014, 06:36:33 PM

No darkies allowed.
I'm only slightly dark. I could pass :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Norgy

I've watched the first six episodes of "The Following". I was sort of impressed by the first three-four. But then it's been downhill. Fast. James Purfoy is good at being evil, and Bacon actually isn't as bad as I remembered him. But the plot. OMFGJCOAB.

Eddie Teach

It gets dumber and dumber the longer you watch it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Norgy

I have no problem believing that. Then again, there's so much dumbfuckery passing itself off as tv these days, that I shouldn't be surprised.
The new "Dracula" series? I hope they all get really bad athlete's foot.

celedhring

Quote from: Norgy on April 05, 2014, 07:00:37 AM
I've watched the first six episodes of "The Following". I was sort of impressed by the first three-four. But then it's been downhill. Fast. James Purfoy is good at being evil, and Bacon actually isn't as bad as I remembered him. But the plot. OMFGJCOAB.

Yeah, that series went to a lot of stupid places, very quickly.

While I'm not a huge fan, Hannibal is far superior at doing pretty much the same thing (criminal mastermind manipulates FBI agent into the verge of madness using other psychopaths). So give it a watch if you liked the concept.

Josephus

I watched Season One of the Following. Then started season two and gave up on it after a couple episodes.

Was Hannibal on last night? Think I missed it.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

It was.  Probably the season's weakest episode so far, sure, but that's no insult.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Liep

Eddie Izzard still had one of the best quotes of the series.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk