Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Borgias starts Sunday on Showtime.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

grumbler

Saw "X-Men" in the plane from Europe.  Fascinating in the "watch the train wreck in slo-mo" sort of way.  So wretched it was fascinating:  stars, effects, and dialogue combined in the worst possible way.  I was riveted.

Also saw on this trip The King's Speech, which was great for 2/3 of the film and then rushed; True Grit, which was great for 2/3 of the flick and then dragged on for another 25 minutes; and some animated piece about the supervillian that defeats the superhero and then finds life boring, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  The Black Swan did its job and put me to sleep.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Priscilla Queen of The Desert

I think I'll see it during it's New York run.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on April 01, 2011, 09:45:12 PM
Saw "X-Men" in the plane from Europe.  Fascinating in the "watch the train wreck in slo-mo" sort of way.  So wretched it was fascinating:  stars, effects, and dialogue combined in the worst possible way.  I was riveted.

Also saw on this trip The King's Speech, which was great for 2/3 of the film and then rushed; True Grit, which was great for 2/3 of the flick and then dragged on for another 25 minutes; and some animated piece about the supervillian that defeats the superhero and then finds life boring, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  The Black Swan did its job and put me to sleep.

How long were you on the plane??
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

He only said he watched the first film on the plane.  The rest could've been seen elsewhere or on the flight to Europe instead of away.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HisMajestyBOB

Just got back from seeing Rango. Great movie, I loved it.
I'll definitely get it on DVD when it comes out.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on April 01, 2011, 10:36:23 PM
He only said he watched the first film on the plane.  The rest could've been seen elsewhere or on the flight to Europe instead of away.

Why did he spend his time in France watching movies?

Habbaku

I can't read grumbler's mind, so you'll have to wait on him to answer that.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on April 01, 2011, 10:33:19 PM
How long were you on the plane??
Something like 6.5 hours over, 8 hours back.

The usual thing for trips to Europe, I am afraid.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on April 01, 2011, 10:49:40 PM
Why would you think I spent my time in France watching movies???

Bayraktar!

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: grumbler on April 02, 2011, 12:48:20 AM

So you can drink beer in the theater. :cheers: :frog:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

grumbler

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on April 02, 2011, 12:51:57 AM
Enough beer and the French dialogue would start to make sense!  :lol:

Bayraktar!

katmai

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on April 02, 2011, 12:51:57 AM
Quote from: grumbler on April 02, 2011, 12:48:20 AM

I can do that at my local theater.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on March 31, 2011, 08:44:35 AM
I think she's hot.

In a , "she's way too young for me, of course" kinda way.

But she is hot.

And Canadian.

I think she's cute, when she's not being overly precocious and arch.

Tonitrus

Inception

Entertaining, but not great.  Overrated quite a bit.

Still find Leo DeCaprio highly annoying to watch act.