And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on November 13, 2013, 11:56:54 PM
Can anyone recommend any current US shows that are actually good?
Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire and Supernatural (hey, I've stuck with it this long...) are currently about all I watch.
Hawaii 5-0 is totally silly, if you accept that, you might like it.
Castle is a comedy, and it's an excellent comedy without being a sitcom, imho.
Dracula, I quite like it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire and Supernatural (hey, I've stuck with it this long...) are currently about all I watch.

Do you mean airing new episodes right now, or just still running? Because the latter case opens up a lot more good stuff. Game of Thrones, Justified, Mad Men, The Americans, Hell on Wheels, Low Winter Sun, Suits, Hannibal...

Walking Dead and Boardwalk Empire are definitely the cream of the current season's crop. I also enjoy Modern Family and American Horror Story: Coven. Parks and Rec is ok, though it's seen better days, as has How I Met Your Mother. The rest of the shows I watch are new ones that haven't quite managed to drive me away yet, wouldn't *recommend* any of them at this point.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Sons of Anarchy.

It has a Ron Perlman in it. WATCH IT.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

I like Katey Sagal better with one eye.

Grey Fox

Stop looking at Katey & start staring at Maggie Siff's ass.

Eddie Teach

I bet they don't have a kleptomaniac robot either.

Grey Fox

The question is who does?

Queequeg

The Americans and Hannibal were the best shows of 2013.  Breaking Bad isn't on there, but you might be talking about shows currently airing.

Ide, I just saw The Fly recently as well.  One of my favorite movies of the 80s.  So wonderful.   :wub:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

I still need to watch Shivers. :Embarrass:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

The Fly is ossum.  I just wish they had show a bit more of the bar wench in her underoos.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 14, 2013, 08:42:54 AM
Sons of Anarchy.

I keep wanting to get see that, but never could.  Well, without any video club in my town now, it's gonna be harder.
Netflix is beginning to be an option, but I'll have to drop HBO.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

11B4V

Sons of Anarchy.

Was good up until Katey Sagal put the gun to the infants head. Forgot which season it was, two maybe. That turned that whole series off for me.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on November 14, 2013, 06:30:10 PM
Sons of Anarchy.

I keep wanting to get see that, but never could.  Well, without any video club in my town now, it's gonna be harder.
Netflix is beginning to be an option, but I'll have to drop HBO.

FX Canada does exist you know.