News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Yo Kleves, or anyone else watching VB.

Fake-out bullshit ala Successful Alternate Universe Rusty, or what?

Something about it felt serious, like exactly what Hammer and Publick would do when they wanted to do that.  I ain't saying [spoiler]he's dead.  But somehow I don't exactly think Rusty's crawling out of that next week with no issues.[/spoiler]
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Kleves

I think you're right that there's going to be some sort of fallout. I can't imagine [spoiler]they'd actually kill him, though - there are too many threads unresolved. Though if they were going to, it could well be something like this; inadvertantly killed by Brock's rescue attempt after the Monarch intervened to save his life.[/spoiler]
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 10:35:27 PM
Sandler annoys me.  But Punch Drunk Love has been his best acting work to date.
I can accept that, but in what other movie apart from Punch Drunk Love was he even trying to act?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Korea

Quote from: Ideologue on July 15, 2013, 07:55:12 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 15, 2013, 07:52:39 PM
Despicable Me 2. Not as bad as I expected.

Many have said those minions are funny.  I did not get that from the trailer, or from my memories of the trailer for the first one.  They seemed a little annoying.

I'll agree the minions are annoying and probably put there just for children but the main bad/good guy is quite funny. I'd like the watch them.
I want my mother fucking points!

Ideologue

Well, Steve Carrell is bound to be amusing from time to time.  Anchorman 2 in December.  Iirc, you really dug the first one.  It was, of course, his finest role.

Maniac (2012/2013)

"Despite some pretty novel and highly competent filmmaking, Maniac adroitly eludes greatness.  And I'm relieved."

Amazing fucking score by some guy, kind of pretentiously, named Rob.  They (being John Caprenter and Alan Howrath) Live.

B+

Longer version: Sean Astin is Leatherface
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on July 16, 2013, 03:14:35 AM
Well, Steve Carrell is bound to be amusing from time to time.  Anchorman 2 in December.  Iirc, you really dug the first one.  It was, of course, his finest role.

Nah, that would be Michael Scott.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quotethe male gaze made manifest in its most abhorrent form

Really, Ide?  Really?

Darth Wagtaros

Many have said those minions are funny.  I did not get that from the trailer, or from my memories of the trailer for the first one.  They seemed a little annoying.
They are OK, but I can't imagine me wanting to see the full length movie that will be made for them.  Get's a little much by the end.
PDH!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on July 16, 2013, 03:14:35 AM

Maniac (2012/2013)

"Despite some pretty novel and highly competent filmmaking, Maniac adroitly eludes greatness.  And I'm relieved."

Amazing fucking score by some guy, kind of pretentiously, named Rob.  They (being John Caprenter and Alan Howrath) Live.

B+

Longer version: Sean Astin is Leatherface

:lmfao:
QuoteThis is Anna.  She has never watched a slasher film, or maybe any film, never read a book by Thomas Harris, or maybe any book, and, if the movie didn't contradict it, I'd say she has never met a human, and so has no preconceived notions about us.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on July 15, 2013, 09:25:51 PM
Yo Kleves, or anyone else watching VB.

Fake-out bullshit ala Successful Alternate Universe Rusty, or what?

Something about it felt serious, like exactly what Hammer and Publick would do when they wanted to do that.  I ain't saying [spoiler]he's dead.  But somehow I don't exactly think Rusty's crawling out of that next week with no issues.[/spoiler]

Saw the episode.  Next season is the last episode, which is a shame cause I don't think they even going to try pull together all the threads.  [spoiler]He's not dead, though most of the characters will think he is.  Dean and Hank will be sent to their next of kin which will likely be the Action Man and Colonel gentleman.  I suspect some big secret is going to be revealed through flashbacks.  I think think that the cyborg guy that Brock beat up in the bathroom is the Monarchs father.[/spoiler]
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Korea on July 15, 2013, 09:59:59 PM
I'll agree the minions are annoying and probably put there just for children but the main bad/good guy is quite funny. I'd like the watch them.
To be fair, I think that the whole movie was made for children, wasn't it?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2013, 04:13:07 AM

Really, Ide?  Really?

^_^

Good catch though.  Originally it was "Elijah Wood is the titular villain protagonist, the male gaze made manifest in its most abhorrent form, a sexually motivated killer of women.  In theory.  I guess."  I cut that for reasons I can't remember, and I changed it back to that since that's more fitting the actual review, and I had to come home for something I forgot real quick anyway.

(Which I'm also glad I did because while I locked my handle and deadbolt, the back door wasn't all the way shut. :bleeding: )
Kinemalogue

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 10:35:27 PM
But Punch Drunk Love has been his best acting work to date.

Awesome movie.
and the horse you rode in on

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2013, 04:13:07 AM

Really, Ide?  Really?

Tho it occurs to me the funnier response would be:

"What is that, jealousy? He's fictional, man." :P
Kinemalogue

Grey Fox

What about Funny People. What does the Sandler hate cabal think of that?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.