News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Oh come on, killer robots and food lines, what's not to love? It's such a ripe setting for social commentary.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 29, 2013, 01:15:32 PM
Oh come on, killer robots and food lines, what's not to love? It's such a ripe setting for social commentary.

Make his grandparents Russian-immigrants-to-be, and have the Terminator duking it out with Stalin's NKVD.

Or better yet, Germans/Nazis.

katmai

@ide. You are wrong as usual.

Three picture reboot is the word now.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

When is the Kindergarden Cop reboot scheduled?

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 29, 2013, 01:23:19 PM
When is the Kindergarden Cop reboot scheduled?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! FUCK
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Relax, Bravo. It's not a tumah.

Admiral Yi

Watched some Brit movie late last night in which Sean Bean is a member of some secret counter-terrorism unit which basically assassinates Muslims suspected of planning terror attacks.

Britain being Britain, the surprise twist revealed at the end is that [spoiler]the dirty British government is actually in semi-cahoots with the bombers so it can gin up public support for more stringent security laws.[/spoiler]

The love interest has nice tits (not Cal approved).

After the third season of Game of Thrones, is there a woman left in the UK who has *not* shown her tits on film?

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 29, 2013, 01:44:16 PM
Relax, Bravo. It's not a tumah.

I shall not and cant make me.

That is one of my fav Arnold movies though.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

Quote from: Ideologue on June 29, 2013, 01:02:42 PM
Quote from: Syt on June 29, 2013, 08:01:29 AM
They also want to reboot Terminator in 2015. :bleeding:

I was under the impression it was a sequel.  (Post-Salvation, nowhere to go but up, right? :bleeding: )  Edit: yeah, it's confirmed as T5.

I heard of a rumor that T5 is about a Terminator sent to kill John Connor's grandparents in the 1930s. :hmm:  Dunno if that's true, but I think that would be worth watching.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/paramount-sets-terminator-relaunch-for-june-26-2015/

QuoteSkydance Productions, Annapurna Pictures and Paramount Pictures have jointly announced they will partner on a rebooted "TERMINATOR" movie, to be released by Paramount Pictures on June 26, 2015.

The first in a stand-alone trilogy, "TERMINATOR" will be produced by Megan Ellison of Annapurna and David Ellison of Skydance. Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake of Skydance will serve as executive producers. Laeta Kalorgridis ("Avatar," "Shutter Island") and Patrick Lussier ("Drive Angry") are attached to write the screenplay.

Launched in 1984 with star Arnold Schwarzenegger as the title character, "TERMINATOR" spanned 3 subsequent films, which have earned over $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

David Ellison most recently executive produced, along with his partners at Paramount, "World War Z," "Star Trek Into Darkness," "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" and "Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol". A 5th installment of in the "Mission: Impossible" franchise is in active development, along with a 3rd film in the "G.I. Joe" franchise, among other films.

Megan Ellison most recently produced the Academy Award®-nominated "Zero Dark Thirty," "The Master" and executive produced "Spring Breakers" via her Annapurna Pictures banner and has David O. Russell's "American Hustle," Spike Jonze's "Her," and Bennett Miller's "Foxcatcher" set for release later this year.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

There appears to be a lack of creativity in Hollywood.

Fuck assholes need to do Dune.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 29, 2013, 01:56:10 PM
Watched some Brit movie late last night in which Sean Bean is a member of some secret counter-terrorism unit which basically assassinates Muslims suspected of planning terror attacks.

Britain being Britain, the surprise twist revealed at the end is that [spoiler]the dirty British government is actually in semi-cahoots with the bombers so it can gin up public support for more stringent security laws.[/spoiler]

The love interest has nice tits (not Cal approved).

After the third season of Game of Thrones, is there a woman left in the UK who has *not* shown her tits on film?

Catlyn Stark is dead.
Renly is dead, but did show his tits.
Same for Loras.
Sansa/Arya not yet women.
Asha is not a mere woman (and no man lives who has called her that to her face) but has not shown her tits.
Cersei hasn't shown her tits.
Mirri Maz Dur didn't show her tits, but I suspect she doesn't count.
Missandei hasn't shown her tits.
Septa Mordaine didn't show her tits, but probably is in the same category as Mirri Maz Dur.
Queen Selyse hasn't shown her tits. Nor has she had a serious speaking part iirc.

So, Missandei and Asha. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

How many of those haven't flaunted their wares in some other film? :nerd:

Viking

BTW, Meera Reed hasn't flashed her tits either.

Missandei is supposed to be 12 or something, but the actress is actually much older (unlike arya and sansa's actresses). Asha is played by a london standup comic, I presume the lifestyle of lager and chips results in ready for tv nudity.

BTW, it seems that given that they renamed Asha (D&D were told by Martin that if they wanted to change a character significantly from the books they would also have to change the name.. or so said Oona Chaplin. So I suspect that she'll be skipping the whole kingsmoot thing and she heads up north to find theon rather than to escape her putative husband.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on June 29, 2013, 04:46:04 PM
(D&D were told by Martin that if they wanted to change a character significantly from the books they would also have to change the name..

But the reverse isn't also true, as Robert Arryn is still the same useless brat as ever.

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 29, 2013, 04:56:27 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 29, 2013, 04:46:04 PM
(D&D were told by Martin that if they wanted to change a character significantly from the books they would also have to change the name..

But the reverse isn't also true, as Robert Arryn is still the same useless brat as ever.

he's called "sweet robin" in the books iirc.