News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

So... did no one else watch the new Venture Brothers episode?  I enjoyed it.  The double length was a nice touch to bring it back on as well.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ideologue

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 04, 2013, 01:29:30 AM
So... did no one else watch the new Venture Brothers episode?  I enjoyed it.  The double length was a nice touch to bring it back on as well.

Oh, I did, and forgot to say.  It was most enjoyable.  Billy has an archenemy now.  Rad.

New Dean's growing on me.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Really liked it.  The show does a good job making you feel sorry for the sad losers who inhabitant it.  The show has taken some weird turns.  Like having a nameless henchmen become the main dramatic arc last season.  Adult Swim put in on Youtube.  So if anyone missed it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug3NUpBmw_g
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

I forgot to mention the best part of After Earth, the new (afaik?) Man of Steel trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlOF03DUoWc

Much more interesting Ursa than any you're likely to see in AE, too.

So, Krypton: not asploded? :unsure:

What of Dax-Ur?  Kru-El?  Lyra Lerrol?  Hell, is Kara in this movie?

And you know who'd be better than Zod and appear to serve the same narrative function?  Brainiac.  Just saying.  Just saying I've been waiting for Brainiac in a Superman movie SINCE NINETEEN EIGHTY-THREE.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Viking

1. I think it's Feora (as seen in smalville, zods lover not minion) not Ursa
2. I think Krypton still exploded, it's just Krypton had a space program
3. Based on the Man of Steel comic she is in the space ship that (we think) will become the fortress of solitude, possibly as a decomposing corpse, possibly in cryonic sleep.
4. Don't watch this Superman Braniac Animated movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800226/
5. This one is better, and newer http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2617456/
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Liep

Hannibal gets more and more creative in ways to display corpses. The Human Cello was particularly disgusting.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

PRC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 03, 2013, 09:51:51 PM
Mark Harmon's best work.

Better than Summer School!?  Say it ain't so!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

the new Venture Bros. was great.
PDH!

Kleves

"Student green is people!"  :lol:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Queequeg

CDM, how many times have you seen Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on June 05, 2013, 11:57:13 AM
CDM, how many times have you seen Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia?

:lol: I haven't seen that little gem in years.  Warren Oates FTW

Admiral Yi

Trouble With The Curve.

Clint Eastwood is a baseball scout who loses his vision.

Perhaps not Clint's strongest offering.

katmai

Clint was just actor for that one.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi