News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. "

CountDeMoney

"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. "

CountDeMoney

katmai

Seedy has finally snapped. :(
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

Quote from: katmai on June 01, 2013, 01:53:54 AM
Seedy has finally snapped. :(

One does not merely invent an internet meme
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Syt was doing fine until he chose Rambo III for his avatar.  On the list--which, as a German, he should have no problem with, what with their penchant for lists.

Syt

Irony isn't your strong suit, is it? Though I would argue that Rambo III, hillarious-horrible as it is, is a VERY 80s movie, joining Vietnam trauma and anti-USSR message into the tale of the Superhuman who overcomes the forces of evil.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Seedy's list making has jumped the shark.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Rambo III went beyond the traditional '80s USA-USA-USA action motif, and went straight to Shitsville, the last final cheddar-laden wet shitfart before the era officially ended with the debut of Die Hard.

Including Rambo III in the '80s Reaganaut Action genre is the equivalent of calling Superman IV: The Quest For Peace a superhero movie, or that Star Trek: Undiscovered Country is a Star Trek film.

And don't give me shit about '80s movies, Coal Scuttlehead, I actually paid to see that turd in theaters.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 06:58:43 AM
IT WAS POOP

I'm not disagreeing. I'm saying that it was the culmination/swan song of 80s action schlock, therefore making it classic.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

We already have one Ide, don't be That Guy.

Now away with you, before I ban you and force you to watch Over The Top during your exile.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 01, 2013, 06:51:34 AM
Seedy's list making has jumped the shark.

I'd go back to the Saffir-Simpson Berkut Post Scale, but he doesn't post as much anymore.