And we're back!

Main Menu

Ed reviews.....

Started by Ed Anger, April 18, 2010, 11:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 13, 2015, 08:18:35 PM
Their spicy one is ass too.

Try some peri-peri sauce. It sets your ass on fire and tastes good. It's fairly low on sodium too.

Or, you know, make your own sauce. It doesn't take much of an effort. Replace salt with spices. One of my favourites is the very simple "Dalmatian sauce" which basically is lemon juice, olive oil and fresh garlic with some roughly chopped parsley. Works with fish, veggies and meat. Not that you will see meat any time soon again. ;)

My heart beats just fine after 25 years of trying to kill myself with cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, coffee and fat food. I blame olive oil, garlic and chilies of various sizes and flavours and copious amounts of exercise on my failure to get a heart attack.

Anyway, man, This Too Shall Pass. Feel better! Please?

Savonarola

Quote from: Norgy on September 15, 2015, 08:22:03 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 13, 2015, 08:18:35 PM
Their spicy one is ass too.

Try some peri-peri sauce. It sets your ass on fire and tastes good. It's fairly low on sodium too.

If you want to avoid the ass-fire you can get mild or medium Peri-Peri sauce.  (Strangely peri-peri sauce is in the "British" section at my local supermarket.) 

QuoteOr, you know, make your own sauce. It doesn't take much of an effort. Replace salt with spices. One of my favourites is the very simple "Dalmatian sauce" which basically is lemon juice, olive oil and fresh garlic with some roughly chopped parsley. Works with fish, veggies and meat. Not that you will see meat any time soon again. ;)

That's a great sauce for fish.  Salsa is also good and versatile; you can substitute peaches, strawberries or mangoes for tomatoes for variation.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

I feel better.  :)

I haven't made any Ed Sauce recently since I haven't smoked or grilled anything recently. Everybody gets Ed sauce on them when they eat my grilled sausage.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Monoriu

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 15, 2015, 08:43:09 PM

I haven't made any Ed Sauce recently since I haven't smoked or grilled anything recently. Everybody gets Ed sauce on them when they eat my grilled sausage.

Sure, I'll take the Ed Sauce.  Then add some salt on the food  :P

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

For the sub lovers, try DiBella's subs if you have one near you. Their meatball sub blows Subway out of the water.

Norgy

SALZBURG? WE SHALLT ES DESTROYEN!!!

Monoriu

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 15, 2015, 08:56:04 PM
For the sub lovers, try DiBella's subs if you have one near you. Their meatball sub blows Subway out of the water.

I am fine with most fast food, but not Subway.  A Subway sandwich packs a lot of ingredients for the price, but it is no good  :mad:

DontSayBanana

That's not a particularly high bar.  Around here, Primo Hoagies and Wawa both do better meatball subs than Subway (I particularly like the Primo "Old Fashioned Meatball", since they use a bunch of shredded parmigiana instead of a wimpy slice of provolone for their cheese, but it's kind of expensive).
Experience bij!

Ed Anger

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 15, 2015, 09:07:27 PM

That's not a particularly high bar.  Around here, Primo Hoagies and Wawa both do better meatball subs than Subway (I particularly like the Primo "Old Fashioned Meatball", since they use a bunch of shredded parmigiana instead of a wimpy slice of provolone for their cheese, but it's kind of expensive).

I'm not in the middle of Wop country. The choices are....limited.

The Brain

:mmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

This is supposed to be a work-safe board! :mad:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Burger King Chicken Parmesan Sandwich

So I'm traveling around and decide to eat Burger King. Mistake #1

A Chicken Parmesan sandwich.

mistake #2

And I was in Springfield Ohio, mistake #3

I get the sandwich and it looks like it is having its time of the month. There is Red sauce everywhere. Goddamn it got on my seats. I take a bite and as usual, they didn't melt the cheese. And there is too much mozzarella on the goddamn sandwich. The sandwich is mediocre. Bleh. I eat half before I feel my acid reflux churning and toss it back into their parking lot. Fuck them.

Then I got back on the road and had to pull over to puke. Awesome. I knew I should have went to White Castle.

grumbler

White Castle is always the answer.*  It does not matter what the question was.

*unless you are within driving distance of Blimpy Burger
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Reminds me, I haven't had a Krystal in 20 years or so.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?