London and terrorism; a strange story from two days ago

Started by Pat, April 10, 2010, 07:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Okay, this story is very strange, but please bear with me, I tried my best to get as good information as I could. I was told this yesterday, but was due to leave for the Schumann 200 year jubilee concert. Then after that I got very drunk. Then today I was very hung-over, and then tonight I got drunk (but not very drunk). So I post this now (while drunk - but I have read through this several times and I believe everything to be correct). This happened the day before yesterday (8th of April).

A female friend of mine recently arrived in London to work as an au pair with a family there. Together with her sister, who already lives there, they were making their way to Notting Hill on the subway. It was around 8 am in the morning and the subway was packed. Suddenly, the train stood still at a station. The driver of the train announced he was not allowed to leave, and he didn't know why. Then the platform outside was filled by policemen. The pair of door next to their pair of doors were opened. The police pointed to black man dressed in a white garb wearing a rucksack. They said "It's you, isn't it" and told him to get out. He got out very calmly without saying anything. He was told to open his rucksack. At this point the train started leaving the station. The policemen all held their distance from the man and his rucksack and looked very nervous. As the train was leaving my friend saw that the man produced two glass bottles from his rucksack, filled with two liquids of different colours (one of them yellow). The man opened one of the bottles and started throwing and spraying its content towards the police officers. While this was happening the train left the platform, and she did not see what happened next.

This sounds very strange, I know, but this is what I was told. To my knowledge nothing has been written in the papers about this. Apparently there were a lot of security throughout London the whole day when they tried to make their way through the city (they were searched before boarding buses and there were scanners at subway stations etc).

Then there is a part of the story that is even more strange. I almost feel like leaving it out, and credit it to her imagination, but she is quite adamant she walked past a mosque the next day, and saw the very same muslim man standing outside it, together with a group of muslims. And lined up on a nearby wall there were glass bottles very similar to the ones had produced from his rucksack. I asked her several times, and she is quite adamant it was the very same muslim man. Well, I don't know.

So, what do you think happened? False alarm? Was he perhaps pouring the content of the bottles to prove that it was safe, and my friend mistook it for an attack on the police officers? (I do not necessarily trust her interpretation of the situation in this regard)

Or, perhaps, was the muslim man trying to make himself a martyr by provoking the police to shoot him? Certainly they could say afterwards he was innocently targeted and killed by the police, had they shot him.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

I've read emails from Nigeria that sounded more legit than this.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Alcibiades

Sounds interesting, would be more likely there is some kind of information of this somewhere though..
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Zanza

Having bottles with liquids of different color qualifies as terrorism now?

HisMajestyBOB

Probably the police accosting some homeless dude over his bottles of urine.
After the train left they shot him in the head.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on April 10, 2010, 10:58:51 PM
Having bottles with liquids of different color qualifies as terrorism now?

My rainbow vial will make them quake.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

BuddhaRhubarb

The same guy thing strikes me as weird given he threw something (a bottle of pee?) at the cops. In Vancouver he would have been tasered to death.
:p

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Josquius

He could have been attacking the police with it. It might just have been lemonade nonetheless though.
The police arresting some random nutter in London who splashes them with liquid usually isn't newsworthy.
██████
██████
██████