POTATO SPLASH: Polish President Lech Kaczynski 'in plane crash'

Started by Tamas, April 10, 2010, 02:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

The Russians were confused and thought it was a reenactment. :(

Also, please merge this thread with the other one.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Holy shit. A lot of other key people died too:

First Lady
Socialdemocrat Presidential candidate
Last Polish President-in-Exile
Chief of Staff
Ombudsman
Governor of the National Bank of Poland
:huh:

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Queequeg

That's a sizeable chunk of Poland's government.  Conspiracy theorists are probably already buzzing.  Bad that it happened in Russia, worse that it happened at Smolensk (where a ton of battles between Poland and Russia happened), and awful that it happened on a trip to commemorate Katyn. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2010, 03:59:13 AM
Holy shit. A lot of other key people died too:

First Lady
Socialdemocrat Presidential candidate
Last Polish President-in-Exile
Chief of Staff
Ombudsman
Governor of the National Bank of Poland
:huh:

Cui bono?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Legbiter

RIP Poles.  :(

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

The ruling party (Civil Platform/PO), easily.

First of all, most of the deadies were appointees of PiS from the time the other twin was the Prime Minister (and couldn't be removed by the current government due to the fixed office term). They were loyal to PiS and had some conflicts with the current government.

Secondly, with the Presidential elections planned for this autumn, the only real candidates were the sitting President (now dead), and the Speaker of Seym from the Civic Platform, Mr Komorowski (the social democrat guy who also died in the crash may have gained about 10% of votes). Komorowski was a clear favourite but it could have turned differently. Now, as the Speaker, he is the constitutional "President-in-absentia" until the elections, so this pretty much makes him a shoe-in.

Martinus

The toll is up to 132 according to the latest reports.

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2010, 04:15:28 AM
The ruling party (Civil Platform/PO), easily.

First of all, most of the deadies were appointees of PiS from the time the other twin was the Prime Minister (and couldn't be removed by the current government due to the fixed office term). They were loyal to PiS and had some conflicts with the current government.

Secondly, with the Presidential elections planned for this autumn, the only real candidates were the sitting President (now dead), and the Speaker of Seym from the Civic Platform, Mr Komorowski (the social democrat guy who also died in the crash may have gained about 10% of votes). Komorowski was a clear favourite but it could have turned differently. Now, as the Speaker, he is the constitutional "President-in-absentia" until the elections, so this pretty much makes him a shoe-in.

So Gloucester will be Lord Protector? I fear our happiness is at the height.

Martinus

The Brain

DisturbedPervert

Martinus

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on April 10, 2010, 04:23:56 AM
Was this a Polish government plane?

Yeah. It was the Presidential plane. The President was giving a lift to politicians etc. who were attending the Katyn events in Russia. This plane had mostly PiS people, socialdemocrats, clergy and military guys. The ruling party's politicians went on the prime minister's plane.  :secret: :ph34r:

Martinus

Quote from: Alexandru H. on April 10, 2010, 03:07:37 AM
:( Fuck you, Martinus and all the conservative-hating Polish gay society you represent.

I actually kinda liked him, though thought he was not cut out for his job. It's still a tragedy, not to mention a lot of politicians I actually supported died too.