News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on April 21, 2009, 04:23:26 PM
Berk the point you are missing is of course, that onec I defeat you thanks to this extra investment, we won't only make a white peace, so I will not close the deal with a loss. :P

That would be a reasonable position if you thought that was your plan all along - of course, if that was the case, you would never have offered the white peace.

But in any case, I accept the truce offer, and will be moving on Florence shortly.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

Been thinking about the Protestant strategy, does it mean that the more Protestants I kill, the more Luther will help the Ottomans win behind my back?

And England is still up.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ehrie

England: Message
Home Card to ask for divorce, oh pweety please Mr pope sir mister.

On to the French.

ehrie

This French-Papacy War Sure looks like fun. Hey, whoever gets me my divorce I can give a card to this turn. A combat Card at that. Might turn the tide a bit.

ulmont

Quote from: Delirium on April 22, 2009, 02:21:27 AM
Been thinking about the Protestant strategy, does it mean that the more Protestants I kill, the more Luther will help the Ottomans win behind my back?

More like in front of you, but yes.  Perhaps you could start fighting the real threats and ignore poor Luther.

Delirium

Heh, this turn I've played two cards, one to attack two electorates of yours, the second as a hostile event against the Ottomans. As I'm not at war with the Ottomans there seems little else I can do at the moment, or do you have suggestions? If so, I'm ready to listen to them if it means you'll stop giving away victory points unnecessarily.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Quote from: ulmont on April 22, 2009, 10:16:47 AM
Quote from: Delirium on April 22, 2009, 02:21:27 AM

More like in front of you, but yes.  Perhaps you could start fighting the real threats and ignore poor Luther.

Are you competing with tamas to see who can make more nonsensical plays?

"Don't try to stop me from winning or I will throw the game to someone else!"

Really - come on. It's turn 2.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: ehrie on April 22, 2009, 10:16:22 AM
This French-Papacy War Sure looks like fun. Hey, whoever gets me my divorce I can give a card to this turn. A combat Card at that. Might turn the tide a bit.

I am pretty sure France cannot get you a divorce, so I would guess you are talking to me.

Could you be a bit more specific?

0 rows returned

Delirium

I assume he's talking about a response card, since I'm pretty sure you can't play battle cards on other players.

I'm also pretty sure there's no response card that's worth a divorce in itself.

Berkut

Quote from: Delirium on April 22, 2009, 12:01:14 PM
I assume he's talking about a response card, since I'm pretty sure you can't play battle cards on other players.

I am playing emotionally now, so who knows?

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Delirium on April 22, 2009, 11:35:58 AM
As I'm not at war with the Ottomans there seems little else I can do at the moment, or do you have suggestions?

Well, buggering off out of my electorates would be the preferred move, unsurprisingly.

Quote from: Berkut on April 22, 2009, 11:51:49 AM
Are you competing with tamas to see who can make more nonsensical plays?

It's the chicken steering wheel strategy.

Probably not, although the zap all mercenaries event is always fun.

Habbaku

Indeed, unless a mental cripple were to be playing the Papacy.  I find that this is something that new players just don't get, though--they think the divorce is worth a card draw or a token favor and so bargain accordingly.

Then they get pissed off when people that know the actual value of it refuse to grant it for anything below the real cost...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on April 22, 2009, 12:04:08 PM

Right now, you're not playing at all.  Which is strange, since it's your turn.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on April 22, 2009, 12:07:09 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 22, 2009, 12:04:08 PM

Right now, you're not playing at all.  Which is strange, since it's your turn.

Or possibly Tamas's French.

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on April 22, 2009, 12:06:21 PM

Indeed, unless a mental cripple were to be playing the Papacy. 

:berkut:

0 rows returned