News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on June 13, 2009, 11:54:01 AM
Used Leipzig to call a debate between Eck and Olivetan, which Eck won handily, sending Olivetan to hell and flipping two spaces.

:bash:  Goddamn Eck.

ulmont

QuoteProtestant: Play Card as Operations

#73: 5 / Diplomatic Marriage

Message from Protestant:
+5 CP to English Bible.

No file for that.

Habbaku

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Operations

#96: 3 / Sale of Moluccas

Message from Ottoman:
Playing for CPs :

1/3 - Suleiman, Ibrahim, 11 regulars and 2 cavalry to Linz.
2/3 - Control Linz.
3/3 - Same group besieges Prague.

Off to Del.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

England is up, no file sent just gave and drew cards.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Why is it that when the game is almost over someone always stops playing?  :rolleyes:

ehrie

England: Message
Home Card for CPS

1/5 Assault Brussels

England: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 11

Message from England:
First 10 English attack last one Chin defense

:bleeding: Lose one regular. That's just...gah. Well the hell with this seige then.

2/5 Henry, Brandon 8+0 go back to Calais

5/5 Publish in England. Targets are Bristol and Shrewsbury

ehrie

Request: 6-sided die x 6

Message from England:
Bristol. 4 Protty vs 2 Papal. Prot first

Request: 6-sided die x 6

Message from England:
Success. Shrewsbury. 3 Vs 3 Prot first

Both convert. File coming shortly.

ehrie

BTW. ACTS has 43 Protty spaces, but the game file has 41. Not sure which one is right.

ulmont

Quote from: ehrie on June 15, 2009, 08:57:59 AM
BTW. ACTS has 43 Protty spaces, but the game file has 41. Not sure which one is right.

Looks like the game file; I don't think Berkut adjusted ACTS after roasting Olivetan.

ulmont

Spaces (41):

England (7):
Shrewsbury, Lincoln, Norwich, Bristol, Plymouth
Portsmouth, London

Germany (22):
Munster, Bremen, Hamburg, Lubeck, Stettin
Koln, Kassel, Brunswick, Magdeburg, Brandenburg
Erfurt, Leipzig, Wittenberg, Trier, Mainz
Strasburg, Worms, Nuremberg, Regensburg, Basel
Zurich, Augsburg

France (12):
Brussels, Liege, St. Dizier, Metz, Besancon
Bordeaux, Limoges, Lyons, Geneva, Toulouse
Grenoble, Marseilles

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ehrie

garbon

Quote from: Delirium on June 15, 2009, 02:08:21 AM
Why is it that when the game is almost over someone always stops playing?  :rolleyes:

:lol:

Well played.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: ehrie on June 15, 2009, 11:27:51 AM
Thank you Pope Obvious IX.

I like to prod him when I notice him posting in other threads but not in this one.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned