News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fucking Hell

Started by viper37, March 31, 2010, 09:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Fucking Hell

The EU's trademarks authority has permitted a German firm to  brew beer and produce clothing under the name "Fucking Hell". It may be  an expletive in English, but in German it could refer to a light ale --  Hell -- from the Austrian town of Fucking. Whether it will be brewed  there is another question.
nice name :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Heh, cool.
Wonder if its the same company who makes Duff
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I approve. Unfortunately, there's no mention which brewery is planning with this brand name.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

QuoteThe EU's trademarks authority has permitted a German firm to  brew beer and produce clothing under the name "Fucking Hell".

Permitted? They could have denied them?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

grumbler

Only a cretin would use the phrase "fucking hell.*"  It is oxymoronic and so idiotic.

* Except as a novelty name for beer.  There, you get some decent free advertising for a very short time before the novelty wears off.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

It should be Helles, not Hell :nerd:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on March 31, 2010, 12:29:50 PM
Only a cretin would use the phrase "fucking hell.*"  It is oxymoronic and so idiotic.

* Except as a novelty name for beer.  There, you get some decent free advertising for a very short time before the novelty wears off.

I disagree. A place filled with nothing but women would be a fucking hell for me.

Syt

Quote from: derspiess on March 31, 2010, 12:44:33 PM
It should be Helles, not Hell :nerd:

You would order "Ein Helles!", but the brand name could still be "hell":

Etc.

Dark beer, conversely, is often called "dunkel" if, like "Flensburger Dunkel".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

:blush:  Never saw that before.  Our brewers here only use "Helles" and that's all I've seen used for imports.

I still think "F*cking Helles" would sound more clever.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on March 31, 2010, 12:45:20 PM
I disagree. A place filled with nothing but women would be a non-fucking hell for me.
Fixed.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Siege

I'm not gonna buy that beer!

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

derspiess

Quote from: Siege on March 31, 2010, 02:45:09 PM

You shouldn't.  The fact that you can actually taste something might shock your senses, unlike that Miller Lite you drink :P

AnchorClanker

Quote from: derspiess on March 31, 2010, 03:29:07 PM
Quote from: Siege on March 31, 2010, 02:45:09 PM

You shouldn't.  The fact that you can actually taste something might shock your senses, unlike that Miller Lite you drink :P

:P

Having a pint of Bombardier as I write this...  :nelson: :bowler:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Siege

And Viper, name your threads properly, in a descriptive manner, according to Languish's Rules and Regulations.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"