Who should you vote for in the next British election?

Started by Josquius, March 30, 2010, 06:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Oh, what's not to like about erect cartoon nipples?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

That is the question I am putting to the floor, yes.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Barrister

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 30, 2010, 12:29:43 PM
Agelastus's public character should be defended. He seems a man of good taste and character on the whole; Consider his previous avatar.
Anime notwithstanding Agie seems like good peeps.

But trying to get into an IQ dick waving contest was still fucking stupid.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Lettow77

I actually agree with you. (Not about Anime, mind, but about Agelastus's character, and the stupidity of the IQ nizzerdry.)

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Agelastus

Quote from: Martinus on March 30, 2010, 09:42:19 AM
Quote from: Agelastus on March 30, 2010, 08:17:52 AMAnd Martinus, I am genuinely interested in why you are so strongly against UKIPs policies that do not directly relate to membership of the European Union?

I admit I do not know a lot of UKIP policies, other than their desire to leave the EU, which in itself is the height of retardation. Other than that, they seem to me like a sort of BNP-lite - a populist nationalist party, which is only marginally better than outward BNP-style neonazis.

Plus I consider you an idiot not only because you agree with UKIP on so many issues, but because you also agree with BNP, on Education of all places.

The policy supported a return to Grammar Schools, which was the main reason that I picked the policy (I nearly skipped it because of the sole concentration on British history in the proposal, rather than a more general, "teach more history so the kids at least have some understanding of why our world is the way it is", concept which is what is really needed.)

I feel that Comprehensive schools seem to educate to the lowest common denominator, disadvantaging the best pupils, and reintroducing selection in state education would provide a driving force for improving education standards in general. At the moment, "improvement in education" seems merely to involve "make the exams easier so we can raise the pass rate".
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Agelastus

Quote from: Barrister on March 30, 2010, 01:39:55 PM
But trying to get into an IQ dick waving contest was still fucking stupid.

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 30, 2010, 01:43:46 PM
I actually agree with you. (Not about Anime, mind, but about Agelastus's character, and the stupidity of the IQ nizzerdry.)

On reflection, I am forced to agree with you. It seems some of my buttons are easier to push than they should be on the internet. :Embarrass:

Still, one good thing may come out of this. This might finally drive me to doing something I've been thinking about doing for the last twenty years or so. I've been looking at the test dates and locations for supervised Mensa tests just now, and I think I'll book one; for my own satisfaction, of course, not for any "dick waving" on Languish.

It will be a good excuse to go shopping at Forbidden Planet in London, anyway. :)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

derspiess

More or less flipped a coin on a couple, but my results are:

Crime     Conservatives
Democracy    BNP
Economy    Conservatives
Education    UKIP
Environment    UKIP
Europe    Conservatives
Health / NHS    UKIP
Immigration    Conservatives
Welfare    Conservatives
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Gross, when I voted on all issues I got the Green Party as most similar.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

citizen k

Here's the breakdown of your results

* BNP 16.67%
    * Green Party 33.33%
    * Lib Dems 33.33%
    * UKIP 16.67%

Crime          BNP
Democracy  Green Party
Economy     Lib Dems
Education     UKIP
Environment  Green Party
Health / NHS   Lib Dems

Based on your answers it looks like you should be voting for The Green Party, or The Lib Dems in the next general election.

Sophie Scholl

Crime     Green Party
Democracy    Lib Dems
Economy    Green Party
Education    Conservatives
Environment    Green Party
Europe    Labour
Health / NHS    Green Party
Immigration    Green Party
Welfare    Conservatives

Hmm... I did vote for Cynthia McKinney in the last Presidential election... :hmm:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Sheilbh

I find it weird how many foreigners are gravitating to our extremes :o

Here's the breakdown of your results

* Labour 55.56%
    * Lib Dems 33.33%
    * Conservatives 11.11%

Issue     Parties policies you chose
Crime    Labour
Democracy    Labour
Economy    Lib Dems
Education    Labour
Environment    Labour
Europe    Lib Dems
Health / NHS    Lib Dems
Immigration    Labour
Welfare    Conservatives

Surprised by the welfare one.
Let's bomb Russia!

Palisadoes

Did this the other day:

Crime: UKIP
Democracy: Conservatives
Economy: UKIP
Education: UKIP
Environment: Lib Dems
Europe: Conservatives
Health/NHS: Conservatives
Immigration: UKIP
Welfare: Lib Dems

Nothing particularly good in the democracy category. Not surprised I'm liberal-conservative though (UKIP essentially being the Monday Club).

Definitely agree with UKIP on immigration (though apparently the Tory immigration minsiter agrees with it): if you come here you should already know English to a sufficient level, not have to learn it when you get here!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 30, 2010, 07:14:17 AM
On a lot of that stuff, all the parties(except the fascists) sounded nearly exactly the same.
I loved that you could tell the BNP even on an issue like the environment because they want to use 'indigenous' coal :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive