And we're back!

Main Menu

Pakistanis love Germans, Hitler.

Started by Syt, March 22, 2010, 04:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: ulmont on March 22, 2010, 10:40:36 PM
Quote from: Zanza on March 22, 2010, 10:26:27 PM
I guess there is some hidden meaning in your words, but it eludes me.

Not really.  Wiki describes "Stollen" as a "loaf shaped fruitcake."  Fruitcake is famously the worst holiday gift ever, one that no one wants to try.

A fresh slice of original Dresden Stollen with butter is divine.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

You guys probably only know stale, dry versions of it. :console:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

I don't put fruitcake in my mouth. Some people have standards and common sense.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on March 22, 2010, 11:45:50 PM
I don't put fruitcake in my mouth. Some people have standards and common sense.

Lets not talk about your sexual proclivities and stick to yuletide pastries.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on March 22, 2010, 11:27:52 PM
My Stollen of choice is of course the Niederegger variant.  :)

garbon

Quote from: Viking on March 23, 2010, 12:02:49 AM
Lets not talk about your sexual proclivities and stick to yuletide pastries.

I'd like pain au chocolat.

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on March 23, 2010, 12:10:07 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 22, 2010, 11:27:52 PM
My Stollen of choice is of course the Niederegger variant.  :)

Niederegger Marzipan. :mmm:

I can get it in Austria, but the selection is very limited.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Threviel

Thanks guys, now my mouth waters thinking about Niederegger. Me and the wife usually go to Germany every christmas to buy goodies like marzipan, stollen and those chocolate santas with brandy inside, but this year we didn't go. I need my fix.

garbon

Syt

Do you go to the Lübeck Christmas Market? It's beautiful!
—Stephen Jay Gould

Siege

This is the most sorry thread hijack I've ever seen!!!

Marzipan? Really?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

garbon

Quote from: Siege on March 23, 2010, 04:39:37 AM
This is the most sorry thread hijack I've ever seen!!!

Marzipan? Really?

:hug:

Viking

Quote from: garbon on March 23, 2010, 04:35:58 AM
Marzipan. :bleeding:

It's white, gooey and slightly bitter and comes out of stiff brown thing. Whats not to like?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on March 23, 2010, 05:04:48 AM
It's white, gooey and slightly bitter and comes out of stiff brown thing. Whats not to like?

It isn't chocolate.