News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The big one may be on the way

Started by Viking, March 18, 2010, 06:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Over the last couple of weeks lots and lots of minor earth quakes have been occurring in iceland, between 600 and 2000 per day are being measured. These are high numbers, in addition the number of mini quakes over Richter 2.0 is abnormally high. As you can see from the map (red and orange being strongest) they are centered in one spot under a glacier.

This might mean the big one is on the way. Note, practially nobody lives there, there are farms in the area, but no settlements much over a few hundred people in the areas. Reykjavik will not be destroyed and Absolutist will not be hurt (he is in Denmark or Gaza or Guantanamo)
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

I was writing out a tearful goodbyy post to J-dawg, then read it is about iceland.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 18, 2010, 06:29:47 PM
I was writing out a tearful goodbyy post to J-dawg, then read it is about iceland.

:hug: I'll wait for you in the Taco Shack in the sky.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Barrister

Quote from: Jaron on March 18, 2010, 06:50:36 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 18, 2010, 06:29:47 PM

:hug: I'll wait for you in the Taco Shack in the sky.

Make sure his taco is hot when you serve it to him.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Bah.  Any Iranian could tell you that the British are using their earthquake machine on Iceland in revenge for the whole Icesave thing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Maybe it'll sink that damn island.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Neil on March 18, 2010, 07:02:22 PM
Bah.  Any Iranian could tell you that the British are using their earthquake machine on Iceland in revenge for the whole Icesave thing.

Or Iceland is doing it to themselves for a massive insurance fraud.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 18, 2010, 07:14:29 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 18, 2010, 07:02:22 PM

Or Iceland is doing it to themselves for a massive insurance fraud.
:lol:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on March 18, 2010, 07:07:29 PM
And the Icelanders will have to emigrate to South Africa and found a racist expansionist empire.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 18, 2010, 07:46:12 PM
And the Icelanders will have to emigrate to South Africa and found a racist expansionist empire.

And then they'll establish Rhodie bars in the UK.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on March 18, 2010, 07:52:01 PM

:unsure: I don't get the reference.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grallon

hmmm...  Is no one else concerned about all these quakes happening so close to each other all of a sudden?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grallon on March 18, 2010, 08:06:03 PM
hmmm...  Is no one else concerned about all these quakes happening so close to each other all of a sudden?

G.

World is ending soon. Did you not see the movie?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grallon

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 18, 2010, 08:17:30 PM

World is ending soon. Did you not see the movie?

Time to end your celibecy and try something new GF :)   We'll do this while sipping vodka!

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Agelastus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 18, 2010, 07:52:46 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 18, 2010, 07:52:01 PM

:unsure: I don't get the reference.

Presumably Cecil Rhodes, but the exact reference, and hence the jest, eludes me.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."