News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Turkey threatens to expel 100,000 Armenians

Started by jimmy olsen, March 18, 2010, 12:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

This makes me so angry that I think I'm going to do my damndest to avoid thinking about this while I'm here.  If they actually do deport them, I'm leaving and probably never coming back. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Minsky Moment

Now I kind of feel bad about rubbing it in.   :Embarrass:
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Martinus

Jaron

If we expel all the Armenians off the board, can we get the same deal?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Queequeg

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 18, 2010, 04:34:04 PM
Not like Erdooan.  The cunt responds to threats to recognize the Genocide of the Armenians (carried out under the false pretence of deporting Armenians) by threatening to deport Armenians.  Even if I think the diaspora's role in this has been catastrophic, Erdooan went out of his way to be as incredibly insulting as possible. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Quote from: Jaron on March 18, 2010, 04:48:26 PM
I'm not Armenian.  My background is as English as sodomy on a ship. 

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Queequeg on March 18, 2010, 04:52:45 PM
Not like Erdooan.

He'e just a politician, and one facing election soon.  Simple as that.  Your mistake was thinking that he might be something else.

Erdogan played nice when he needed to shore up his international cred and appear non-threatening to the domestic liberals and their press organs.  Now that the generals are on the run he doesn't need to pretend anymore.

All that happened is that secular wannabe authoritarians got replaced with religious wannabe authoritarians.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

Quote from: Queequeg on March 18, 2010, 04:26:57 PM
This makes me so angry that I think I'm going to do my damndest to avoid thinking about this while I'm here.  If they actually do deport them, I'm leaving and probably never coming back.

Hold your breath too. That'll show them Turkish dogs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Queequeg on March 18, 2010, 04:26:57 PM
Dude, chill out.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Quote from: HVC on March 18, 2010, 09:54:19 AM
Spellus has been there for like a month and he's already annoyed enough people with his Armenian obsession that the country is planning on expelling them. now that's a talent.
:lol:

Agelastus

Quote from: Queequeg on March 18, 2010, 04:53:44 PM
Quote from: Jaron on March 18, 2010, 04:48:26 PM
I'm not Armenian.  My background is as English as sodomy on a ship.

Bloody Churchill wannabe... :glare:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Neil

Quote from: Queequeg on March 18, 2010, 04:52:45 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 18, 2010, 04:34:04 PM
Not like Erdooan.  The cunt responds to threats to recognize the Genocide of the Armenians (carried out under the false pretence of deporting Armenians) by threatening to deport Armenians.  Even if I think the diaspora's role in this has been catastrophic, Erdooan went out of his way to be as incredibly insulting as possible.
Is there any reason that he wouldn't want to be insulting?  These people are his enemies, after all.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

citizen k

QuoteIs there any reason that he wouldn't want to be insulting?  These people are his enemies, after all.

Not to mention the housekeepers.  :D

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: citizen k on March 18, 2010, 09:15:08 PM

QuoteIs there any reason that he wouldn't want to be insulting?  These people are his enemies, after all.

Not to mention the housekeepers.  :D

Will Turkey begin importing Mexicans or Filipinos?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Camerus

I thought Spellus said he was 1/4 Armenian awhile back.