Boss: I’d rather employ a paedo than a veteran

Started by jimmy olsen, March 17, 2010, 07:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Looks like Marty moved to Britain after all, and he's already made management!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2893828/Ranting-Karl-Winn-Id-rather-employ-a-paedo-than-a-hero.html

Boss: I'd rather employ a paedo than a hero

By JOHN COLES

Published: 16 Mar 2010
A RANTING company boss has caused outrage by claiming that he would rather employ a PAEDOPHILE than one of our brave troops.

Karl Winn, 60, said he would "recruit ex-drug dealers, convicts and child molesters" instead of former servicemen or women.

When The Sun confronted Winn yesterday he said he did not regret his actions - and would continue his "blanket ban" on heroes.

Forces Recruitment Services - which help find jobs for former military personnel back in Civvy Street - had emailed Winn inviting him to consider taking on ex-servicemen and women at the Webeurope net design company he runs in Taunton, Somerset.

Winn, a former social worker, wrote back: "Personally, I'd rather recruit ex-drug dealers, convicts and even child molesters rather than consider anybody who has been in the pay of the British Government.

British soldiers
Heroes ... troops in Afghanistan

"Anybody who has been in the pay of such a military force, and by their silence and complicity has condoned such illegal and immoral actions while accepting a monthly blood-stained pay-packet, certainly will not be considered for employment by us!

"Please remove us from your email list. Regards, Karl."

Winn tried to deny he wrote the email when The Sun first challenged him. He blamed a "disgruntled" worker he sacked, who had managed to hack into his personal email.

But confronted by further emails between him and the FRS he caved in and admitted he had written them - but refused to apologise.

Winn, who employs 16 people, agreed that his views were "a bit over the top" - but continued: "I don't regret saying it at all.

"Even if it costs me money I'll still stand up for what I believe in."

He shook and chain-smoked as he then tried to justify his twisted beliefs, saying: "If you have a paedophile, at least he goes to court and is seen to be accountable for what he's done. That's why I made a reference."

After our reporter left, Winn told his staff to remove all the corporate signs from outside their office.

But his comments have incensed those who support our military. Graham Brown, managing director of FRS, told Winn in an email exchange he was "absolutely staggered" and that his views "simply beggar belief".

He added: "I wonder if the Royal Marine detachment based in Taunton would share your belief."

Winn's office is a couple of miles from the HQ of 40 Commando, who have lost comrades in Afghanistan. Sam McEwan, who works for a leading ex-troop recruitment firm, said: "A lot of people in the business have seen this email and are enraged by it.

"Our servicemen and women continue to lose their lives so that we are free to express our beliefs."

Winn, who lives alone outside Taunton, later issued a "statement" to The Sun seeking to explain himself.

He said: "Ex-paedophiles and drug addicts who have been charged and paid the price for their actions deserve a chance to get on with their lives. In my opinion, military personnel who have got away with murder do not.

"I will therefore continue with my blanket ban on employing ex-military personnel. I understand this will affect innocent as well as guilty people."

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

The Marty crack doesn't work.  He thinks soldiers are stupid and useless, not guilty of murder.

Martinus

Can we have a blanket ban on Tim quoting the UK tabloids? This is unbearable.

Martinus

And while I am at it, I hope you have a cancer relapse, you miserable piece of shit excuse for a human being. Die pls.

Viking

QuoteWinn, a former social worker, wrote back: "Personally, I'd rather recruit ex-drug dealers, convicts and even child molesters rather than consider anybody who has been in the pay of the British Government.

So he wouldn't hire himself then?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Quote from: Viking on March 17, 2010, 08:03:51 AM
QuoteWinn, a former social worker, wrote back: "Personally, I'd rather recruit ex-drug dealers, convicts and even child molesters rather than consider anybody who has been in the pay of the British Government.

So he wouldn't hire himself then?

Would you?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on March 17, 2010, 07:53:23 AM
Can we have a blanket ban on Tim quoting the UK tabloids? This is unbearable.
No.  And Tim is better than you are, so watch your mouth.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Faeelin

For some reason I thought this would be about the Catholic Church.

DGuller

Sounds like he wants to give people a second chance.  What wrong with that?

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on March 17, 2010, 08:27:08 AM

People, by an large, don't really deserve second chances. Mostly they just screw them up, usually in the exact same way they screwed up their first chance.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on March 17, 2010, 08:35:49 AM
Quote from: DGuller on March 17, 2010, 08:27:08 AM

People, by an large, don't really deserve second chances. Mostly they just screw them up, usually in the exact same way they screwed up their first chance.

QuotePosts: 4750
:hmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

FOR THE RECORD:  I 'unofficially' give *preference* to veterans.  They are far more likely to be good employees in my experience.  Also, for the record, I do not hire convicted sex offenders. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Larch

The writing on that article is so jingoistic that it has gone to colonize Rhodesia again.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 17, 2010, 08:54:22 AM
FOR THE RECORD:  I 'unofficially' give *preference* to veterans.  They are far more likely to be good employees in my experience.  Also, for the record, I do not hire convicted sex offenders. :)

Good man.  :)

I love vets. And although I can't ask about dishonorable discharges, if I find out one has one they won't be sticking around.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: The Larch on March 17, 2010, 09:02:50 AM
The writing on that article is so jingoistic that it has gone to colonize Rhodesia again.

That's a actually a good idea.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017