News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Five Second Rule

Started by Eddie Teach, March 15, 2010, 11:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a proponent of the five second rule?

Yes
17 (47.2%)
No
7 (19.4%)
The what?
9 (25%)
Jaron doesn't know what proponent means
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Josquius

Never heard of it.
Looking it up-...ehh....depends how hungry I am, how valuable the food is and how dirty the area.
██████
██████
██████

Brazen

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 16, 2010, 06:05:39 AM
I've always heard it as the 3 second rule.
The three second rule is how long you leave between yourself and the car in front on the motorway. After they pass a landmark, like a sign, you say, "Only a fool breaks the three second rule" and you should reach the landmark after you finish or you're going too fast.  :nerd:

Zanza

Quote from: Brazen on March 16, 2010, 07:24:29 AMThe three second rule is how long you leave between yourself and the car in front on the motorway. After they pass a landmark, like a sign, you say, "Only a fool breaks the three second rule" and you should reach the landmark after you finish or you're going too fast.  :nerd:
That's only applicable if you drive (too) slow.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zanza on March 16, 2010, 08:26:18 AM
Quote from: Brazen on March 16, 2010, 07:24:29 AMThe three second rule is how long you leave between yourself and the car in front on the motorway. After they pass a landmark, like a sign, you say, "Only a fool breaks the three second rule" and you should reach the landmark after you finish or you're going too fast.  :nerd:
You can both be going a hundred miles an hour and that will still work if you keep the right distance.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: Zanza on March 16, 2010, 08:26:18 AM
:huh:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!