News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on March 11, 2010, 08:26:14 PM
I played through a couple of years of Berkut's England to see how bad things really were.  Turns out they're pretty bad.  Really bad.  So bad that his people were overjoyed when the king kicked off :

Yeah, I saw that in one of my vain attempts to figure out how to salvage this disaster.

What bizarro event chain is going on behind the scenes that saw my previous leader murdering his own heir, and shoving her body behind a wall in a cellar, then killing off people who found it, and now this?

I sure hope he dies quickly - I really need that -2 RR.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Kleves

I am: back! Are there any countries left? Besides Portugal?  :yuk:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

katmai

Quote from: Kleves on March 11, 2010, 11:20:45 PM

not sure if teutonic order is still alive with Viking on the rampage.

Habbaku

Quote from: Kleves on March 11, 2010, 11:20:45 PM

Assuming you actually want to play and will pay attention to the thread, I think your best bet for playable countries are Portugal, Brandenburg (TO is dead, Brandenburg can eventually form Prussia), or Lithuania (since Poland is...less than workable at the moment.

Of course, if you relish a challenge, you might play Poland and try to reclaim everything (I'd help you against Hungary, at least).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Kleves

Out of those, Portugal seems the most playable. They're not about to be annexed or something, I hope.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Habbaku

Hungary is also a viable option--they've gotten rather large, of late...

And no, Portugal is not about to get annexed.  When England gets its shit together, however, I suspect you may run up against them in North America.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

And maybe the French too.
Portugal went buckwild in north America

Habbaku

Portugal went wild just about everywhere.  They could stand to be pared down and focus their efforts a bit more.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Indeed. Some paring would be a very fine idea.

0 rows returned

katmai

Indeed English north America is too large.

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on March 12, 2010, 12:18:36 AM

Yeah, both of my colonies are out of control!

0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on March 12, 2010, 12:19:42 AM
Quote from: katmai on March 12, 2010, 12:18:36 AM

Yeah, both of my colonies are out of control!
I know I think I need to take control of them.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien