News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mitch Daniels for Pres???

Started by jimmy olsen, March 01, 2010, 11:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stjaba

Quote from: Faeelin on March 02, 2010, 01:40:11 AM
A pity. He seems competent, but so did Pawlenty before he decided to start catering to the crazies.

Seems like it would be mistake to cater to crazies.

garbon

Cross-dressing elementary school teachers are a threat to America's core values!!!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

I'm going to enjoy calling him Bitch Daniels. Thats about as clever as I get.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

If he gets elected you can say "Bitch, Daniel" because you know FB will do so nonstop.  :cool:

Strangely, even though he's the governor of the state nearest mine, I don't think this guy is in the news much here, and nobody ever talks about him.  Most political talk around here focuses on Obama, Mitch McConnell, Jim Bunning (especially lately), John Yarmuth, and Jerry Abramson (mayor of Louisville).

Of course there is 100 times as much discussion about Rick Pitino. :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on March 02, 2010, 01:42:05 PM
Cross-dressing elementary school teachers are a threat to America's core values!!!

To be fair that would confuse me a bit if my elementary school teacher changed gender every day.  I was confused enough when my kindergarten teacher was a racist.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Quote from: Caliga on March 03, 2010, 06:21:00 AM

Of course there is 100 times as much discussion about Rick Pitino. :bleeding:

Is he still wearing the white Col. Sanders suit?

Caliga

Dunno--as soon as I hear "YEW VELL", "YEW KAY", or "Pitino", my brain automatically spins its HDD down.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 02, 2010, 02:06:04 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on March 02, 2010, 01:40:11 AM
A pity. He seems competent, but so did Pawlenty before he decided to start catering to the crazies.
How does Pawlenty cater to the crazies?
I don't know if the 'God's in charge!' stuff counts as crazy.  Pawlenty's real problem though is that he's not crazy enough.  Far too dull.

I don't know enough about Daniels to comment but I'd note that at this point any speculation will be drawing from a very wide net and, quite possibly, not much use.
Let's bomb Russia!

Faeelin

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 03, 2010, 01:27:36 PM
I don't know if the 'God's in charge!' stuff counts as crazy.  Pawlenty's real problem though is that he's not crazy enough.  Far too dull.

I dunno. Intelligent design I can buy someone believing in, even though I don't. Explicitly saying you think it's wrong? Eh.

Plus, "I regret this bill because it could let cross dressers teach our children" is a bit odd.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Faeelin on March 03, 2010, 01:35:42 PMI dunno. Intelligent design I can buy someone believing in, even though I don't. Explicitly saying you think it's wrong? Eh.

Plus, "I regret this bill because it could let cross dressers teach our children" is a bit odd.
I literally meant the 'God's in charge' stuff:
QuoteGod's in charge. There are some people who say 'Pawlenty, don't bring that up. Its politically incorrect.' Hogwash! ...I say to those naysayers that try to crowd out God from the discussion, if it's good enough for the founding fathers it's good enough for us.
This, however, just strikes me as a bit eccentric (and maybe distasteful):
QuoteI think we can learn a lot from that situation, not from Tiger but from his wife. She said, 'I've had enough.' She said, 'No more.' I think we should should take a page out of her playbook and take a nine iron and smash the window out of big government in this country.
Let's bomb Russia!

grumbler

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 03, 2010, 01:41:19 PM
This, however, just strikes me as a bit eccentric (and maybe distasteful):
QuoteI think we can learn a lot from that situation, not from Tiger but from his wife. She said, 'I've had enough.' She said, 'No more.' I think we should should take a page out of her playbook and take a nine iron and smash the window out of big government in this country.
Not distasteful, just crazy.  The concept that we need to destroy things to show how strong our feelings are is insane.  Being proud of being insane is positively Razgovorian.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

At least he got a word named after him.  :homestar:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 03, 2010, 01:16:40 PM
Dunno--as soon as I hear "YEW VELL", "YEW KAY", or "Pitino", my brain automatically spins its HDD down.

Pitino is an abomination.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive