jimmy olsen

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111

Let the dynasty die.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35619962/ns/politics/
QuoteRFK's grandson weighing US House run

By GLEN JOHNSON
AP Political Writer
updated 3:17 p.m. ET Feb. 27, 2010

BOSTON - A top Massachusetts Democrat says one of Robert F. Kennedy's grandsons is considering running for the U.S. House of Representatives.

Joseph P. Kennedy III is one of the twin sons of former Rep. Joseph P. Kennedy II.

The Democrat, who demanded anonymity to speak about private conversations with the father and son, says the younger Kennedy is considering running if Rep. William Delahunt decides against seeking re-election.

Delahunt has been criticized for his handling of a 1986 shooting in Braintree by a woman accused of killing three colleagues at an Alabama university this month.

Delahunt's district includes Barnstable County, where Joseph Kennedy III works as a prosecutor. The 29-year-old is a graduate of Stanford University and Harvard Law School.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jaron

Why let the dynasty die?

I admit that the family has had its share of screwups, but any large political family has. The Kennedys are American royalty and if they fade into history their position faces usurpation by a lesser pretender family like the Bushes.

They haven't produced a political prodigy since the old days when Joe was at the helm, and I think its his firm hand on the children that is the result of all the wildness we see in the Kennedys nowadays.

But to let them die, Tim? That is nonsense. Your partisanship is showing once again.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

LaCroix

Quote from: Jaron on February 28, 2010, 12:36:56 PMThey haven't produced a political prodigy since the old days when Joe was at the helm, and I think its his firm hand on the children that is the result of all the wildness we see in the Kennedys nowadays.

what are you talking about?

joe cured the wildness with a lobotomy :huh:

DontSayBanana

I'm torn.  On one hand, a political dynasty could theoretically land you a better class of politician, especially in the House of Representatives; with terms so short, it seems like politicians spend more time learning how to avoid losing their seat to someone from the opposite party than learning how to effectively manage the federal government.

On another, you have to wonder how effectively a dynastic politician will represent his constituents; since his position is virtually assured, there's not much to hold him accountable to his constituency.
Experience bij!

Jaron

Jaron

Quote from: LaCroix on February 28, 2010, 12:53:50 PM
Quote from: Jaron on February 28, 2010, 12:36:56 PMThey haven't produced a political prodigy since the old days when Joe was at the helm, and I think its his firm hand on the children that is the result of all the wildness we see in the Kennedys nowadays.

what are you talking about?

joe cured the wildness with a lobotomy :huh:

It was standard practice at the time. Blame the "doctors", not Joe.

DGuller

There is already a Kennedy who decides all the Supereme Court cases, how much more power do they need?

Savonarola

Quote from: DGuller on February 28, 2010, 03:08:53 PM
There is already a Kennedy who decides all the Supereme Court cases, how much more power do they need?

:lol:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.